Frank's scent was naturally alluring to other alphas. With the way he intensified it and cleaned himself up to be just as appealing visually, it was practically a fluttering signal to alphas to close in on him, wolffish instincts engulfing them. Frank always brushed them off and proved he was Marked if he wasn't in action, it was all unwanted attention until it was exactly what he needed. That night, as Frank swayed his hips under the lights and ran his fingers over the glinting studs etched into his belt, his call summoned a fairly attractive alpha sniffing him out the entire evening. He was burly, olive skin and dark eyes with teeth too perfect to not have been a cosmetic procedure, but his looks didn't matter; his scent did.

It was comical how Frank hardly needed to do anything aside from batting his lashes and accepting a few compliments that in real time didn't sit well with him, but it wasn't as if anything could happen once the realization sank in. Frank lured the alpha onto the dance floor and fluidly moved his body along to the pulsing rhythm of the upbeat song blaring from every speaker. His friends knew it wasn't an unfaithful act, they'd only roll their eyes and continue on as they were because they knew Frank was in phase one of his sneaky tricks to get what he wanted behind closed doors the second he returned home. It seemed the alpha was very interested, eyes raking over Frank's body as though he were a meal splayed out for his consumption. Frank kept it coy and light, not letting the alpha get any colorful ideas. They tended to think he was easy at first, but Frank made it a mission to prove them wrong.

Frank kept a wicked grin plastered on his face while dancing with the alpha, gravitating towards him, until the alpha's hands and chest grazed Frank's skin, and that was enough of a fresh rub-off for Gerard to instantly detect that Frank hadn't merely bumped into someone in the crowd, he'd been touched by a lingering hand with obvious expectations that weren't going to be met. It took a large amount to self control for Frank not to laugh as excitement nearly drowned him from the inside. He was vibrating, getting deep into the music, even as the alpha stiffened and finally captured a telltale sign that Frank wasn't available for Marking. A silver crescent mark was present on Frank's chest, the bite alphas imbedded into omega skin to bind them together. It was a bit idiotic how he hadn't noticed the muskier note following in stride of Frank's natural scent that always told others an alpha was linked to the omega. Frank gave him some mercy since it was easy to be overwhelmed by the rest of the scents saturating the stuffy air.

The alpha peeled away from Frank awkwardly, the omega who pretended to be oblivious, and gestured over his shoulder with words Frank couldn't hear over the noise. He vanished into the sea of bodies and left Frank tilting his head back with a laugh floating up to the ceiling, spinning around where he stood.

When Frank returned home well into the night, the alcohol he'd consumed burned out of his system. He couldn't tell if it was his supernatural blood or the anticipation running hot through him. His skin was already flushed and the most he'd done was set out the game pieces, no one had made any moves yet. Maybe it was a little corrupt of him to find joy in making his dearest one jealous, but he knew Gerard wasn't far behind in the way he loved to assert his dominance, reminding Frank of the reasons why a mark was ingrained into his flesh for the rest of his life. It wasn't another tattoo to show off, something so simple and ordinary.

Frank fixed his appearance in the mirror quickly before setting off. He rearranged his soft chocolate brown hair in a messy array to make it seem that he'd had the night of his life, pulling at the collar of his shirt, assuring his chest was still visible. He lightly touched the silver chain around his neck with the smallest crescent moon pendant pressed into his skin, and couldn't deny he always softened at the sight of a gift Gerard had given him the night they decided they wanted to take the next step, the Claiming. It was a bit of an inside joke, since wolves and moons were very much connected, the same way Gerard's moonlight awakened things in Frank he never knew existed until their paths crossed.