Blissful feeling

Today you'll finish the work week with yet again another shoot. The concept of today will work best if Cate's kids are around, so Noah and you will head over there around dinnertime. Eating a bite along with the family for the second time. You go about your day, exitedly waiting for the evening. At the beginning of the afternoon, you receive a call.

"Hi Y/N." A fluid, rich voice you recognise in an instant. "Am I disturbing you?"

"Not at all."

"Good. I wanted to ask if you have any preference for dinner." She asks.

You begin to chuckle at the wholesome question. "Any family favourites?"

"Tons." She responds upbeat.

"Then amaze me with one of them." You request.

"Will do." From the tone of her voice, you feel like she's already got an idea.

You wait for her to begin an expected goodbye. Instead, a brief silence fills up your ear, followed by another question from the woman on the other end of the line. "Any luck with the pictures?"

"Oh definitely. They're all just marvelous."

"Glad to hear so." She says. "I'm looking forward to the reveal."

"Yeah, me too. I'm looking forward to see your reaction."

Cate doesn't speak right away, but you can almost sense a smile that's plastered on her face. "I'll see you in the evening, Y/N."

"Gladly." You respond, and end the call feeling jubilant.
__________

Before going over to the family, Noah and you decide to get something small as a thank you, for the hospitality. Once driving over, your first stop is at a local liquor store. You buy a fine bottle of red wine and hop back into the car.

As you go up the broad driveway, the sun has almost reached it's golden hours. The sky is filled with different shades of orange and pink, and it makes for your contentment to grow even higher. You park the car, and together with your best friend, you make your way to the frontdoor.

It's Dashiell who opens the door. "Hi, come in." He says invitingly.

"How courtly, thank you." You say in a joking tone, which makes the teenager laugh and lose some tension.

"Mum is in the kitchen."

"Ah I see. Busy behind the stove?"

"Absolutely. I haven't seen her so worked up in the kitchen since last Thanksgiving."

"You don't say." You look him astoundingly.

Noah blends into the chatter. "Then we must be in for a treat."

"Depends. Do you like beef and sweet potato?" Dashiell asks. You can sense he feels comfortable with you both, and you're here for it.

Noah answers. "I'll eat just about anything."

"You and me both." You respond.

"Make that three." Dashiell adds.

You share a laugh before you dart yourself at Noah and begin to speak again. "Well, let's head to the chef, shall we?"

You walk past the entryway and head for the kitchen. Getting closer, you can smell the delicious aromas of dinner and you faintly hear some chatter. Upon entering the kitchen you see the blonde woman, attired with an apron, standing behind the kitchen counter, talking to Andrew who's sitting in one of the easy chairs. As their gazes shift towards the two of you, their faces light up.