"Hey, whatever it is, we'll get through it." Gwen said, placing her hand on mine. "Father and King David arranged a marriage between me and Alex, we have to be engaged by the end of the week." I said, not looking any of them in the eye. Morgana gasped at this information and immediately wrapped her arm around me. I took a few shaky breaths, telling myself that I wasn't going to cry again.

"Hey, we'll deal with this, okay." Morgana said, but I could hear the doubt in her voice. "Arthur's going to kill me." I said in a small voice, and a few tears rolled down my cheeks. Morgana pulled me closer to her, and Gwen and Alice joined in on the hug. What were we going to do? I asked in my head, so fearful of what was to come.

Saturday came way too quickly for my liking, there was nothing that could calm the nerves I felt, as I knew Arthur would come back today, and I would have to face him knowing that I was going to get married to someone else. I groaned as Alice forced me out of bed. I got ready for breakfast when there was a knock on the door.

Alice greeted them as I put my shoes on. "...I'll tell her, thank you." Alice said, closing the door. She turned around and looked at me. "Alexander has requested you eat breakfast with him, and then spend the day with him." She said, and I sighed gently. "Do you think he's going to properly propose?" I asked, knowing that if he did I would have no choice but to say yes.

"Maybe, oh, I'm so sorry Lizzie, but we'll get through this." She said as she pulled me into a hug. I sighed. Morgana, Gwen, and Alice had been saying that since I told them, but I was starting to believe it less and less. I let go of Alice and walked out the room, and through the castle, to where I knew Alex was staying.

I knocked on the door, before it opened and I was met with Alexander. I smiled at him, and he turned around, opening the door more to let me in. I went in, and saw that breakfast was already laid out on the table. I took a deep breath, then went over to the table and sat on one of the chairs.

He came over and sat on the other chair. We ate breakfast in silence and then sat awkwardly as the servants came and cleared the table. "I-I'm really sorry about this, Lizzie. If I had any control over this, I would stop it." Alex said, placing his hand over mine. I sighed, but lifted my head and gave him a weak smile.

We left the room, and headed out to the stables. I went over to Flame and stroked her muzzle. I sighed and a few stray tears fell down my cheeks. I giggled lightly as Flame bumped into me. I jumped lightly as a hand was placed on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Alex stood there with Storm. He nodded to me, and he moved around and jumped onto his horse.

I pulled Flame from her stables and then got onto her. We walked out the stables, and then paused for a second. I took a deep breath and thought about what was about to happen. How was Alex going to propose? And how would I be able to say yes to him, when I was in love with someone else?

I was brought out of my thoughts by the royal horn being blown. I recognised the tune, which said that a royal was coming into the city, and the only person who wasn't in Camelot who got that call was Arthur. My breath caught in my throat. I moved Flame so I was closer to Alexander. "Come on, I know a beautiful place on the other side of Camelot." I said, not giving him a chance to respond, before forcing Flame into a canter and racing out the city.

I found the small entrance and sped through it, not even checking that Alex was following me. I continued riding, and we followed the small, dirt path, before we came to a clearing. I took a deep breath and smiled at the view. There was a large lake that glistened in the sun, and there were flowers blooming all around it. The trees grew tall, and were a luscious green.

I closed my eyes before looking back, seeing that Alex and Storm were just coming into the clearing. Alex had a concerned look on his face as he came over to me. "Are you alright? You just took off." He said, slightly out of breath. "Fine." I said, in a small, shaky voice, getting down from Flame.