Situation Report

Peter and Dr. Oxton step to the main floor. With a head turn, the doctor spots Faye Lau talking with the rest of the agents. Peter can hear Faye finishing up her briefing with Shane. She nearly falls forward, forcing Shane to catch her. The JTF soldier picks her up and has her lean against him before taking her to a spot nearby the JTF barracks. Dr. Oxton shakes his head and sighs with pitiful remorse.

"That explosion has messed her up, especially the eye and leg." He notes quietly. "I wouldn't be in the field if I were her."

"Yeah." Peter sighs. "You think she's up for a chat?"

"Likely. Come on."

Shane nods to the doctor as he passes by and excusing himself for some shuteye in their bedroom. Then, Peter and the doctor head over to Faye as she sits at her post. She glances up.

"Oh, there you are Oxton." She greets. "I was about to tell Shane to pass the news. I can't do much on the field, not with my leg like this."

"Well, that's a shame." Oxton sits down. "If you don't mind. There's something I need to report."

Agent Lau finally looks up and notice Oxton had a friend behind him. She raises an eyebrow after glancing the young man standing behind.

"Who is he?" She asks.

"This is Peter Parker and what I'm about to tell you isn't to be shared with the JTF." He looks around to make sure no one is in earshot. Then he leans in and whispers. "This guy is Spider-man."

Faye grows surprised slowly and blinks a couple of times. "Is that a fact?"

Peter steps forward and unzips his backpack. Faye quickly spots the spider-man costume stuffed snugly inside. Peter zips it up as Faye is left a bit speechless.

"Well, thank you for telling me this, Oxton. It'll make our partnership run smoother." Faye's eyes flicker to Peter. "I'm glad you're working with us, Peter. We've got a lot of work cut out for us."

"I'll be happy to help." Peter replies. "What needs to be done?"

"We've got some people to reach out." Faye pulls out a clipboard and reads over a list. "First is getting Benítez back from the Lincoln Checkpoint. It'll boost the JTF's morale and this base's security."

"Alright, sounds like an easy decision. What else does she need?"

"We have someone covering a brilliant technician who is out there upgrading the base's utilities. We need him back as soon as we can if we want to have power for a long time. Finally, we have a virologist setting up shop in Madison Square garden. Recently, we haven't heard from her so we need you guys to check up on her and if we can bring her over to the medical wing. If we want to figure out this virus and have any chance for a vaccine, it's her."

"Oh... wow... this is a lot to choose from."

"Understood. We should talk it over with the others."

"Wait. One other thing." Faye sighs, with a bit of anxiety buried away. "I really wanted to be out there with you. I hope we can make a great team. The people are counting on us. So, let's not let them down. I'll be guiding you to your objectives on coms."

"Sounds good." John taps Peter's shoulder. "I'll be in that room talking strategy with the rest. I'll get you a seat at the table in a bit once I give them a story they'll believe, hopefully."

Peter nods. He waves to Faye before following John to join Freya and Shane sitting idly at a table in the JTF's security quarters. Peter's eyes catch Oliver talking to a JTF vendor stocking weapons. John folds his hands together and dives right into business.