Chapter 73

Start from the beginning

Daeun giggled at him. "Let's say we do kiss my telepathic/psychic Lucas. Where can you see us do it?"

Thick brows furrowing out of his deep thinking, a peace smile painted itself across his lips, and he relaxed. "At night, where the black sky is scattered with luminous stars. It reflects a foreign tranquillity we would feel as we watch from underneath; breathing in it's beauty, we stay side by side, together, with genuine smiles on our faces. No thoughts, no worries, no stress because... in that moment... it will just be us and our serenity."

He finished with a small smile, slowly meeting her eyes as she listened soundlessly, the pure shock on her face making him chuckle.

"Too imaginative?"

"No... that was perfect." She breathed out, her throat tightening at the sudden overdose of feelings that she felt through his words. In those words, she could see the love radiating in it, how much that hour should mean to him, how it should be in a place so special he would never forget it.

She would never think of him to envision such a beautiful moment.

"Don't think too much of it." Lucas chuckled as though he was able to see right through her, making her tense a bit. "I'm going to wait for you- as long as I need to."

no... you shouldn't be waiting for me.

Daeun grinned at him. "Eh stop being so desperate. The girls don't like desperate boys."

"But I am desperate for you." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"How cute." Daeun deadpanned, her grin transitioning into a scowl making him snicker.

But through their differences, their hands remain connected; allowing then to submerge into their own shared peace.

[ ]

Annoyed.

That's what Daeun felt when Yeosang had sat next to her again, even after weeks of uncomfortable silences and his questions that she always gave one-worded answers to, he's still sitting with her as though he's neglected what happened.

"To those who haven't started getting ready for their piece that may or may not give them a scholarship, better start because the scholars this year are not so kind." Mr Lee smirked, eyeing the quiet class with a mischievous glint in his dark orbs. "There's two months, I understand, however the earlier you start the better it is for you."

Daeun sighed, not wanting to stress but here she was- stressing.

Scribbling down messy notes, body hunched over the desk, she ignored Yeosang's piercing gaze that made holes at the back of her head, forcing her to bite back a profanity.

"You're at an advantage you know." He finally spoke up, a sigh slipping from his parted lips. "You're the only girl who plays the cello in our year, imagine if you do exceedingly well, you could definitely be given that scholarship."

"Stop giving me false hope."

"I wasn't giving you false hope." Yeosang claimed, shaking his head in disbelief. "I said if you do well. Don't get the wrong idea, I'll probably do way better than you ever could."

Daeun pressed her lips together, his distinct cockiness was beginning to get to her, heck it got to her ages ago when they were friends. She despised every ounce of his ego, only making her want to prove him wrong.

She will prove him wrong.

"Sorry to break it to you Kang Yeosang but you're basic. You play the piano just like the 8 other people in this room and the other 26 students in our year group. And the fact that you barely play it and instead, try to start a conversation with me proves how little effort you are putting into this competition. Telling me you're going to do better than me, is an insult to yourself. You know I put much more effort into my work and I actually enjoy it unlike you, one of the rich, arrogant males in our school who clearly wants nothing more than to waste the time of others. So please, if you are going to continue talking trash, I request you to go do it elsewhere- away from me, so I can study in peace without a distraction."