Chapter 63

we're both a mess
but who's ready to admit that?

we're both a messbut who's ready to admit that?

"Hey Gunhak!"

A jovial smile was etched widely on Daeun's red hued lips, her doe, innocent eyes locked on the boy stood on the middle of an empty road, the golden sun pervading into his celestial complexion that only purified under the sunshine. He smiled at her purely, the smile that would unconventionally melt her heart. He slowly turned around, his back facing towards her and Daeun recognised he was wearing a navy fitted suit that brought out his lean figure perfectly- the one he wore to their junior dance.

She was also adorned in the outfit she wore to the dance, a lavender dress that gracefully dropped bellow her ankles- just above her silver open-toe heels, the lace bodice of the dress clinging to her skin, exposing her back to the bitter spring air that nibbled against her skin. The strapless gown accentuated her inward curves before beautifully blooming out, the airy dress dancing in the low wind.

A familiar ravishing green field laid ahead of them, appearing as a glimmering emerald that radiated warmth and happiness, divine yellow flowers scattered around it. Daeun's silver earrings dangled elegantly from her ears, covered by her long brown locks that curled down her waist. She slowly jogged after the boy that was frozen in the middle of the vacant road, the curves of her smile widening as she got closer.

She stopped just centimetres away from his muscular frame, reaching out for him until he whips around to her, the smile long gone.

Tears gushed down his pale face like manic waterfalls, his bloodshot eyes piercing into hers making her halt, hand dropping back down to her side.

The gleaming yellow sun was gone, replaced with a milky crescent moon, drabbling dim moonlight onto their stilled bodies. The once saturated blue sky accompanied with friendly clouds was no longer there either, instead there was a black darkness, littered with countless tainted stars.

Daeun stumbled back at the sudden change of scenery, her heart pounding at a shrilling pitch. Her eyes darted around the familiar place, the emerald field was now lifeless unlike the road that suddenly bustled with cars, all halting abruptly. The vivid headlights flashing in her face making her flinch.

Unwillingly she brought her hands up, her gaze filtering shock and horror as a moist crimson substance ran down her smooth palm, trickling down her paled arms and gradually dripping off her elbows.

Blood.

She met his eyes again, wanting to say something, anything, but her mouth wasn't moving in her own control. It remained clamped as he continued sobbing crazily, slowly stepping to the side, a body revealing itself behind him.

Lee Eunha.

Her limp body was propped up against the familiar jeep, the side of her dress a dark rouge colour as blood soaked through it profusely, her eyes wide open as she stared ahead unblinkingky. She was gone.