• Chapter 13 •

🔸 Enjoy  🔸

Clues

Part 1

| Arisu's POV |

I was looking around the Game Arena asking some people if they know about the Beach until I saw two men standing in front of the Game Arena.

"Do you have a minute?" I ask them. Both of them look at me. "Have you ever heard of 'The Beach'?" The first man said "What?" "Ignore him. Let's go!" "-Wait!" I tried to stop them but both of them ran away.

I sigh still got no clue about this Beach "Just where is the Beach?" I ask myself.

" Registration has closed. "

∆ Time skip ∆

The three of us came close to the shore "We can't seem to find the Beach anywhere." Said Usagi "We are back here again." I said.

| No One's POV |

"If we don't participate in a game soon, our visas will expire." Said Usagi "My visa will only last for another three days." Said Arisu "What about you Rin?" ask Arisu, "Hm. Well, I still have a few more days before my visas expired." Said Rin.

"I have three days to find out where the Beach is and put an end to this ridiculous game." Said Arisu with pure determination.

"We still have time if we look further we might find some clues." Said Rin. Arisu nods at Rin.

Usagi stands up and fixes her things. "Are you going to hunt with me in the morning?" Ask Usagi "Is that alright? I'll try my best not to stand in your way." Said Arisu while Usagi gets inside in the tent with Rin.

"What you've learned while living in nature, I want to pick up those skills too while there's still time." said Arisu can't wait to learn more.

"There's a limit to our lives. I've lived my life so far without thinking about that." 

"Those guys, they died believing in me. I may also die soon. For now, I don't want to waste even a single minute or second!" Said Arisu while Usagi listen to everything he had said. And for Rin who secretly listens to them, and as always she doesn't want to ruin the atmosphere.

"Goodnight." Said Usagi to Arisu.

Arisu lays down on the mattress looking at the stars. "When there are no lights in the city, the stars look beautiful." He smiled while saying that.

"Ouch! Itchy." Arisu quickly stands up starting itching himself. "It's so itchy." 

"That's why I told you it's impossible to sleep outside." "Just come inside the tent already." Said Usagi. "What? But..."

Usagi opens the zipper of the tent "It's important to have sufficient sleep. If you can't even take care of yourself, you might die anytime here." said Usagi to Arisu.

(Let's imagine that the tent is for three people 😃)

Arisu felt uncomfortable sleeping with two girls in the tent then there's Rin hugging Usagi like a teddy bear.

(Usagi is in the middle while Rin is at the left side and of course, Arisu is at the right in the tent :0 in case you didn't know)

Rin moved around the tent seeing that she was the only one left in the tent. 'Usagi?? Arisu?' she thought to herself "Maybe they went hunting..." Rin stands up and went outside the tent. "Ahhh. Fresh air." Rin said as she starts to stretch. 

"Are those two dating?" said Rin out loud. "Who's dating?" asks Usagi, as Arisu walks behind Usagi, Rin squeaks from the sudden voice "Uhh..nothing! I was thinking about the plot I'm reading! Yes, reading!" as Rin making an excuse to Usagi.

"Okay...if you say so." said Usagi as she shrugged, starting to cook for their breakfast. Rin just sighs in relief. "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back." said Rin "Can I come too?" asks Arisu. "Uhm..." Rin looks at Usagi if it's okay.

Usagi looks at her and smiles, "It's okay, you guys go ahead." said Usagi, Rin gave a nod and walk away as Arisu follows her. "Hey! It's okay if you don't wanna..." said Arisu thinking he may make Rin uncomfortable.

"Ah! No no...I'm just that Usagi...you know might get jealous or something..." said Rin as she mumbles the last part.

"Huh? Jealous?" asks Arisu confused. "Ah no! I might be overthinking it!" said Rin as she runs away, "Hey! wait for me!" shouted Arisu as he follows the troubled girl.

∆ Time skip ∆

| No One's POV |

Another day for the three friends finding and searching to this what they called 'The Beach'.

"How is it?" Speak Usagi to the walkie-talkie "There are around ten participants, I think." Said Arisu "There are some who have formed teams, too." "What about your side?  Usagi, Rin?" asks Arisu through the walkie-talkie.

"There are four people here. I'll talk to them and pretend I'm joining." Said Usagi "Wait Usagi!" Rin said quickly to the walkie-talkie.

"What's the matter?" asks Usagi, "Look at the participants' wrists." Said Rin, "Wrists?" Ask Usagi who is confused. "Is there anyone wearing a locker key?" Ask Arisu trying to help Usagi "The ones that you usually see in gyms." Arisu explains to Usagi.

"If I remember, during our tag game..." Arisu got a flashback about those two men who helped them to stop the tagger and find the safe zone. "Those with the keys are a team." said Rin as she continues what Arisu is about to say.

"From where I'm standing, there two of them!" Said Usagi "There's also five here in my area!" Said Rin through her walkie-talkie. "Take note of those seven." "Understood." Both Rin and Usagi said it at the same time.

"Those who cleared the game left the building. I knew it! They're all wearing locker keys." Said Arisu 

"There are three people left in my area. They are leaving. The two with locker keys seem to be a pair. They're going back to the same area. I'll follow them." Said Usagi 

"There are two people left the building. And both of them have locker keys in their wrists. I'll follow them right away!" Said Rin

"All right, we did it!" Said some strangers "Let's head back!" Arisu, Rin, and Usagi follow them behind in different areas. "Rin. Usagi." "Do you see it too, Arisu?" asks Usagi, "I'm sure of it. It's those guys!" said Arisu through the walkie-talkie, "They somehow have cars?..." Said Rin unsure about it. "There's a car here too." Said Usagi

"They may be collecting these cars systematically. They're on the move!" Said Arisu quickly follow them. "Same over here!" Said Usagi "Same here too!" Followed Rin.

The three of them quickly follow those cars hoping that they lead them to 'The Beach'. "The car is moving towards Maihama!" Said Arisu through his walkie-talkie.

"This side, too!" "Same here in my side!" The two girls quickly replied. The three of them run fast so they won't fall behind.

The three of them stop by, looking ahead to see 'The Beach'. "Is that the place?" asks Usagi, "The Beach" said Rin quietly, "That's the place!" Said Arisu "How do they have electricity?" Ask Usagi "Will we find the answer to our questions there?" Ask Rin

Arisu nods at them, not until someone quickly grabs them.

Oh, I wonder what will happen to them...