• Chapter 5 •

+ WARNING AHEAD  +

BLOOD, GORE, CURSE WORDS, CHISHIYA, ARISU, USAGI, & TAGGER

VOTES AND COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!

🔸Enjoy 🔸

Cards

PART 1

| Rin's POV |

I saw the blue cap boy ask the two best friends. "Umm... Excuse me... Just what is this? I just ended up here. I have no idea what's going on..."

I felt sad about that boy, I decided to pray for him to survive. I saw the other one with messy black hair boy said. "It's a game."

The one with blonde hair next to him stops him and whispers something, the black hair boy stops himself to talk more.

Hmmm... I wonder what he whispers to him.

Until our phones interrupted. Oh, how cruel is that.

" Difficulty: Five of Spades "

Huh?? Spades again?? But this time is 5 my last game is 10.....is this going to be an easy game?? Right?

| Arisu's POV |

"There are so many people. I wonder if there's a doctor here." Karube and I are looking for a doctor.

To heal Chota's injury.

I look beside me and I saw a short hair girl.

I and Karube grab the phone and look at everyone.

I saw this blonde hair guy with a white jacket and his hood is up, I saw that he was charging something.

" Registration has closed. "

" There are a total of 14 participants, The game will now commence. "

"Excuse me... Just what is this? I ended up here. I have no idea what's going on." Said the boy with the blue cap.

"It's a game." I said, "Stop it."Karube cuts me off. "Beginners will only get in our way," Karube whispers to me. "It doesn't feel great."

"But it might be a good idea to act as Shibuki did." He finished. But the way Shibuki did is unacceptable, she use the girl as her bait and died. I only sigh at the thought.

" Difficulty, 5 of Spades. "

"5 of Spades?" Said Karube beside me. "It's a physical game." Someone answers. A guy with a fedora hat. Maybe this is my chance to ask something.

"Strength is everything here." He approaches us. Maybe by asking him I might learn more.

"I'm Nitobe, nice to meet you." He introduces himself giving out his hand towards Karube. I have to ask him right now.

"Each mark has a different meaning?" I ask him, "Exactly!" He moves his hand to me and I politely accept it.

"The mark on a trump card signifies the game's genre." He explains still holding my hand. Oh, so that's what it is.

"Club refers to a team battle, and Diamond refers to a battle of wits. As for Heart... It's the most troublesome one." He said it with a smirk.

I got confused by that. "Troublesome?" I ask him again. 'Could it be one of the most difficult genres in the game?' I guess to myself.

"It's a game of betrayal where you play with people's hearts." Nitobe moves his face closer to me when he said the last part of his sentence, I move back my head. I'm getting uncomfortable with this guy.

"What about the numbers?" I ask for the last time. "The Difficulty level, the larger the number, the harder it is to clear." said Nitobe. The playing cards only have 10 numbers so that means...the game's difficulty is 5 of Spades...it's more balanced. The game might be 50/50 hard or easy it depends on what game we're going to play.

" Game: A Game of Tag. "

" Rule. Runaway from the tagger. "

"A game of Tag?" The guy with a blue cap asks confused.

"Who's the tagger?" I ask Karube. I know it's a stupid question. "How should I know?" said Karube.

" Clear condition. Discover the safe zone hidden in one of the building rooms within the time limit. "

" You clear the game when this objective is fulfilled. "

" Time limit, 20 minutes. "

" After 20 minutes has passed, the time bomb hidden in the building would explode. "

After listening to the instructions I look shocked. There's a bomb in this building. But who's the tagger?

| Rin's POV |

After I listen to the conversation, now I have an idea about the game's genre. Phew, it seems like I don't have to ask huh. Gladly that named Nitobe knows something. But there's something suspicious about the Hearts.

Game of Betrayal, I think should avoid games like that...but they could be everywhere plus the game's difficulty is only announced once the game starts. That's the one thing that is hard to avoid.

Although the game didn't mention who would be the tagger. Hmm, suspicious that doesn't feel right. they should announce it right?

I'm having a bad feeling about this game, the Game of Tag it's not just a normal child's play.

Before I go... I have to think of a plan... but how? I could just go to the higher floor and start there. I went ahead to the stairs and start to go to the highest floor.

But how would I know if the tagger was there? Oh well seems like I have to stay there for a bit and look for some clues.

' Good luck for me... '