Six

That was her schedule for the rest of the week. She would wake up, go to school, go to work, and come back to go to sleep with nightmares taking over her dreams. She'd barely had time to eat, and it'd worried her friends.

She'd stopped eating entirely, the cost of everything had overwhelmed her, but her friends had no idea.

No idea she was living alone.

No idea she was paying everything by herself.

No idea how much she was hated a few years ago.

People were talking about her behind her back, talking about how pale she was and how dark the circles under her eyes were.

They had no idea.

Assumptions. Assumptions, assumptions.

People assume things, wrong things and right things. They had no idea what Sophie had to go through.

Sad part is, she believed them.

She's ugly.

She's a freak.

She's not good enough.

The last part stung more than it was supposed to.

By the end of the week, Sophie's circles were darker than bruises. She decided to put some eyeliner to cover it.

"Woah," Samuel said to Sophie at lunch. He was staring at her.

"What? Did I smudge it?"

"What? No! It's just... are you ok? You look pale."

"Oh.. yeah, I'm ok." She forced a smile. Samuel didn't look convinced.

"Do you wanna hang out with us tomorrow?" Samuel asked.

"Tomorrow is..."

"Saturday, first weekend of the school year."

"Yes... just a brain fart." Sophie made up an excuse. Her brain hadn't been working correctly because of the excruciating headaches she'd been having.

"Uhh..." she hadn't told her friends about her job.

"Sorry... maybe next time?"

"Ok!"

Things with Sarah hadn't been any better. Still just watching TikTok.

That night, after work, at around 11 p.m, Sarah asked Sophie to go somewhere with her.
She was so tired she never paid attention that she was following someone she was unfamiliar with to somewhere even more unfamiliar.

"Where are we going?"

"Stop... here!" Sarah led her to a dark alley.

"This is...?" Sophie asked, looking at the ground.

"This is where I tell you that you've been fooled."

Sophie looked up from the ground.

"Huh?"

Instead of looking at Sarah, Alex, and Henry, she saw Gethen, Ruy, and Umber.

-------------------------

Sorry for the super short chapter! I needed a way to introduce this cliffhanger so...

Anyway vote, comment, and share!"

By the way, Gethen is a Telepath.

Ruy is a Psiniopath. (He can make barriers)

Umber is a Shade.

They are all bad guys from the Neverseen. (Bad guy group)

Thanks for reading!