Her eyes remained suspicious, though her body relaxed slightly under his touch, them starting to dance slowly with the music.

"I was gonna go home Edward, and it looked like you were too. Why all of a sudden do you want to dance?" She asked curiously.

Edward's eyebrows furrowed as he took this in. It was true, he was in fact about to head home, or at least sit this dance out. However, for some reason now, having Aris in his arms for the first time, he wanted to do anything but that.

The electric current that shocked between the two of them the second their skin touched was undeniable, though of course the both of them did in fact do their best to deny it.

"Take it as a bonding exercise," he smiled, "Ms.Holmes would be proud."

Aris chuckled, following his lead as they continued to waltz to the mellow music.

Edward's hand met the side of Aris's face softly, and she leaned into it subconsciously, enjoying the way his icy temperature clashed with her fiery one.

"You look very beautiful tonight." Edward complimented softly, causing Aris to look at him inquisitively, confused as to why he was suddenly complimenting her when usually he would use every opportunity he could to throw an insult her way.

"You don't look horrible I guess," she teased, causing Edward to roll his eyes, "but seriously, you're never nice to me, let alone complimenting me. What are you up to, Cullen?"

Edward noted the heavy suspicion in her tone, immediately feeling slightly bad that he had never sent one compliment her way before, especially something as simple as saying she looked nice.

"I don't want anything," he said sternly, offended at the accusation, "is it really that hard for you to just accept a compliment?"

"Well, maybe it would be easier and less suspicious if you would be nicer to me more often." She retorted, shoving Edward's hand off the side of her face.

"Well, maybe I would be nicer to you if you wouldn't be so stuck up and stubborn all the time." He snapped.

"You're the one who started this feud between us in the first place, so don't try to pin it all on me Edward Cullen," she sneered, "you being rude to me the first time we met just started this hatred between us. It would've been easy enough to fix if you would've just told me why you were so rude that night on the balcony, but no, you have to keep all your stupid little secrets."

"Because, like I've said for the hundredth time, it's none of your damn business." He hissed, his tone ending the conversation.

Aris's blood boiled, though she kept her mouth shut because she knew that if she opened it, she'd say something she'd regret.

After several more minutes of dancing, the both of them saying nothing, Edward broke the silence, asking her a question he had been dying to ask her ever since they met.

"What are you thinking right now?"

Aris looked at him appalled and completely confused as to how he could act so innocent, like they didn't just have a full blown argument two minutes ago.

"It's none of your damn business." She mocked in a voice that was supposed to be like his.

Edward glowered at her, wondering why she had to make everything so damn difficult.

Deep down, he knew it wasn't going to work, but out of sheer stubbornness, he attempted to look into her mind again.

Like usual, he got absolutely nothing, and Aris immediately pinched between her eyes, cursing under her breath at the sudden wave of searing pain that overtook her senses.