Unforgettable Visits (Chapter 23)

ابدأ من البداية

Angel then kisses Martin and hugs him tightly.

“I’m sorry. But that moment that was the first thing that came to my mind to do and it is just the right thing to do then. I’m really sorry.”

As Venus saw Angel and Martin talking, she quietly slips out of the room. Henry followed him.

“Where are you going?” Henry said.

“I will just take care of the hospital bills and after that I will go home. I’m already tired. It’s been a long night. Martin already has Angel to take care of him. I’ll come back either later or tomorrow.” Venus said.

“Okay Ms. Venus. I’ll come with you then.”

And upon arriving home, Venus took a quick shower before going to sleep no longer eating breakfast. But as she was laying on her bed, what happened in the veranda and the thought of Martin almost dying because of her kept playing in her head.

*****************************************************************************************

Later that evening, Venus decided to visit Martin in the hospital. But when she arrived, Martin was sleeping.

“Venus..” Angel said.

“I brought some fruits.” Venus said.

“Thank you. Martin’s asleep. You want me to wake him?”

“No it’s okay.”

“Thank you by the way for taking care of the bills.”

“It’s nothing. It’s the right thing to do since I am the reason why he got shot in the first place.”

“Don’t be too hard on yourself. Let’s forget what happened. The important thing is that Martin is alive and well.”

Suddenly, Venus’ phone rang.

“Excuse me. I’ll just take this call.” Venus said.

“Sure.” Angel said.

Venus then went out of the room and answered her phone.

“Good evening Ms. Steel?” Dr. Quillamor said.

“Good evening Doctor. What is it?” Venus said.

“I would just like to remind you that your treatment procedure schedule will already be next week.”

“Thank you. Don’t worry, I already booked a flight ticket for that.”

“Are you sure you’ll do the treatment procedure? I already told you it can be risky and it doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be cured.”

“I’m very sure. I will do whatever it takes for me to get well.”

“Well then Ms. Steel. I wish you the best.”

As Venus went again inside Martin’s hospital room, she saw Martin awake and being fed fruits by Angel.

“Uhm. Venus here is the one who brought you the fruits. And she’s also the one who took care of the hospital bills.” Angel said to Martin.

“Thank you but you shouldn’t have done that especially taking care of the hospital bills. We can pay it ourselves.” Martin said.

“It was just the right thing to do since that happened to you because of me.”

Suddenly, this time it was Angel’s phone that rang.

“It’s my phone. It must be from the restaurant. I’ll just take it.” Angel said.

“Go ahead. That call maybe is important.” Martin said.

Angel then steps out of the room.

 “Honestly Mr. Herrera, I would say I’m glad you are okay. But I thought you were smart. What has gotten into you to do that? You could have died. And you know very well that I don’t like people who meddle with my problems. You know very well also that I can handle my own battles. And even if get shot, I wouldn’t die. You know what will eventually be the reason for my death.”

Martin then takes Venus’ left hand and held with his both hands.

“I know that’s your way of thanking me because I saved you and took a bullet from you so you’re welcome. And I would gladly do it again if it happens to you again.”

Martin smiles at Venus but Venus immediately pulled her hand from being held by Martin.

“I can see that you’re already well Mr. Herrera so I will go ahead.” Venus said.

What Martin and Venus didn’t know that Angel saw and heard everything including the one when Martin held Venus’ left hand.

*****************************************************************************************

“What are you doing here?” Mr. Tan said to Venus.

The next day, Venus visited Mr. Tan in jail.

“Isn’t obvious? Visiting you.” Venus said.

“What do I owe  that you visit me today? You have never visited me ever since I got here a few months ago.”

“Well, I just want you to personally see me alive. Since by this time, you expect that I am already dead. Well, sorry to say Mr. Tan, Victor wasn’t able to kill me and he’s in jail right now. By the way, you didn’t tell me Victor is very loyal to you. He still doesn’t want to speak. What if I pay him a great sum of money, will he be still loyal to you?”

Mr. Tan then started to get angry.

“Don’t get angry Mr. Tan. Honestly, that angry look doesn’t suit you. By the way, Mr. Tan, last few questions. How does it feel to have your so called company taken from you? How does it feel for your son and your wife to leave you? How does it feel to be in there? Painful right? Well, that exactl pain is the pain my father felt and I am really happy you’re experiencing that pain right now. You’re finally getting what you really deserved.”