The Big Reveal (Chapter 16)

After eating breakfast, Venus and Martin checked out of the hotel.

“Henry, why did you call? Is everything okay there?” Venus said.

“I was just checking on you Ms. Venus.” Henry said.

“I’m feeling fine Henry. I had just taken my medicines. And we’re on our way back there already. Everything went well here. I got the evidence that I needed to bring Mr. Tan down. Don’t worry okay. I always tell you that but you still worry.”

“You can’t make me not worry about you Ms. Venus. It’s just a few days ago that you had an attack.”

“Okay. Okay. I will just be careful. And I had time to relax here which I know you’ve been telling me to do since you say I’ve been always a workaholic.”

“That’s good to hear. Just have a safe ride home Ms. Venus. Everything will be prepared when you get back home.”

“Thank you Henry.”

“It’s nothing Ms. Venus."

Venus then puts down her phone, got inside the car with Martin and drove home.

“Is there something wrong with you Mr. Herrera? You’ve been incredibly quiet since last night. I have to admit, I already got used to you asking lots of question even though it is not to my liking.” Venus said as she was driving.

“I am okay. I just wasn’t able to sleep last night. That’s all. Don’t mind me.” Martin said.

Suddenly Martin’s phone rang, it was Angel. Martin hesitated to answer the call but Venus said, “Go ahead. It’s probably Angel. I’ll just put on earphones so that I wouldn’t hear anything.”

Venus then puts on earphones and Martin answers his phone.

“Hello.” Martin said.

“Where have you been? I’ve been calling you. I needed to talk to you.” Angel said.

Martin then looks at Venus who was busy driving.

“I’m sorry I was just busy. I needed to go to this hotel casino. It’s a long story.”

“You went to hotel casino? With Venus?”

“Uhm. Yes. It’s part of the deal since it’s for Mr. Tan. Why is there something wrong?”

“Nothing. Nothing. I was just asking. The thing I needed to talk to you about.”

“What is it?”                                                                         

“My father decided to break the wedding off.”

“What? I mean, really?”

“Someone sent my father this certain video yesterday morning where Mr. Tan was talking in this casino with his men about some illegal activities. And my father said he doesn’t want to get associated with a person like that so he’s breaking the wedding off. The Tan’s are actually coming here tonight for a dinner and my father is officially breaking the wedding off.”

“Well, that’s very nice to hear.”

“Is it just me or you don’t seem happy to hear that the wedding is off?

“I am. I am very happy. I’m just tired. Can I just call you again later?”

“Oh. Okay. Bye. Let’s just talk again later.”

After a few hours, Martin and Venus arrived at the house.

*****************************************************************************************