Emptiness (Chapter 9)

“Thank you for meeting me today Tito Vergel.” Venus said as she arrives in Mr. Garcia’s office.

“You’re welcome. Anything for you Venus. Have a seat.” Mr. Garcia said.

“Thank you.” Venus said as she sits down.

“So may I ask why do you want to talk to me?”

“Remember the stocks of my father’s former company I asked you to buy?”

“Yes. What about it?”

“If you don’t mind I get it from you already but of course, it would not be for free. I already bought 40% of the stocks of the company and all that’s left to be the major owner of the company is your 20% of the stocks. So name the price Tito.”

“You know your father and I are very good friends. And I’m really sorry that I wasn’t there for your father for I also had my own problems that time. I should’ve been there.”

“What’s done is done Tito.”

“I know. Okay. I will sell you the stocks with the price that is equivalent to how much I bought it.”

“Thank you Tito Vergel.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Can I ask you one more thing?”

“Sure Hija.”

“Don’t tell anyone even Mr. Tan about what we have talked about today. Have your representative still attend the meetings. I will just update with the things about what we talked about today soon.”

Suddenly someone knocks on Mr. Garcia’s door.

“Come in!” Mr. Garcia said.

A guy then comes in.

“You called for me Tito?” The guy said.

“Yes, Cyan. I needed to talk to you about something.” Mr. Garcia said.

“Thank you again Tito. I’ll go ahead. I still have a meeting. Let’s just finalize things some other day.” Venus said.

Venus then stands up, turned around and immediately, the guy recognized her.

“Venus?” The guy said.

“Yes? You are?” Venus said.

“You don’t remember me? I’m Cyan Garcia. We met in the hotel lounge the other day.” The guy said.

“Cyan Garcia? Ah. The guy who’s both a liar and playboy.” Venus said.

Mr. Garcia laughed a little and said, “Venus, this is my nephew Cyan. Cyan, this is Venus Steel, the daughter of a friend of mine.”

“Hello. Nice to see you again.” Cyan said.

Venus just smiled and said, “Hi. Tito, I really have to go. Nice seeing you again.”

*****************************************************************************************

The next day, Venus arrives in the office and was surprised to see it was full of red roses.

“Ms. Venus?” Gail said as she goes inside Venus’ office and was shocked to see the room full of roses.

“Yes?” Venus said.

“I have prepared everything for today. And a certain Mr. Cyan Garcia is on the line right now.”

“Okay. Thank you Gail. Can you also call the janitor and take these flowers out of my office. Throw it in the trash or give it to the other employees.”