four: babysitting and bankruptcy

a/n: Sorry for the change of writing format all of a sudden. I finally got my laptop so I’m not writing the chapters on my phone anymore. And that means that when capital letters are needed, things will be CaPiTaLiSeD. I might go back and change the other two chapters, but if not, then this is how I’ll be writing from now on.

13th December

-

I AM AWOKEN by a 7:30 text from Drew asking me to meet him at the local coffee shop in a half hour. I reply with a simple ‘sure.’

I walk down the stairs and see that no one else is awake. I tiptoe through the kitchen, trying not to make any noise. I boil the kettle and put two pop tarts in the toaster my phone buzzes again.

7:36, Drew

cool see u there

The kettle makes a clicking sound, and the tarts pop out not long after. I pour the hot water into a travel mug with a chai tea bag and start eating my pop tarts. I get out of my pyjamas and put on some socially acceptable clothing, take my tea with me and start walking to the coffee shop. After barely five minutes of walking, I spot Drew’s car and he spots me. He pulls over, sticks his head out the window and yells “Needa lift?”

 I laugh and open the car door, putting my tea in the cup holder as I get in the car.

“You look tired.” He tells me as we star driving again. I lean out of my seat and catch a glimpse of the bags under my eyes in the rear view mirror. I look at him.

“So do you,” I tell him.

“I know.” He smiles at me. “Have a good time last night?”

“My god,” I look at him like he has no idea. “so good.”

“Thought you’d like it.”

“That reminds me. How on earth did you pay for that?”

He laughs. “I sorta didn’t,” I stare at him. “My dad’s younger brother works for the people hosting the event. I’ve seen Chvrches, The 1975, and The Kooks all for free. “

I stare at him, jaw hanging down to my feet. “Dude. Woah.”

He laughs. “I know, right.”

*    *    *

We walk into the coffee shop and I pick up a menu. We both order milkshakes. I get spearmint and he gets caramel.

“How can you even drink that stuff?” I ask drew as he gulps down his caramel milkshake.

“It’s totally delicious.” He replies looking shocked.

I screw up my face. “Too sweet.”