This Isnt how I imagined

Start from the beginning

Mithila pressed a hand against her quivering lips, the tears streaming down her cheeks.

Vincent exhaled, averting his gaze towards the ceiling.

Aliza whipped her head around, everyone was staring at her in shock. There was that feeling in her chest, that painful twist in her heart which she didn't want to believe or think about.

But that feeling became even more painful when she glanced at her mother. The unspoken truth in Mithila's teary eyes.

"No..." Aliza whispered, shaking her head. Her own tears began rolling down her cheeks, making her vision blurry.

Mithila bit the inside of her cheeks as she slowly made her way towards Aliza. Every part of her wanted to scream her lungs out as she stared into Aliza's eyes. The pain in them was suffocating her, burning her insides.

She reached out, her trembling hands gripping Aliza's shoulder.

"No,"

Mithila kneeled, pulling Aliza closer. She wrapped an arm around Aliza's waist and her other arm around her shoulder, gently pushing Aliza's head in her chest.

Mithila squeezed her eyes shut, holding her daughter tight as she sobbed for what must have been hours.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the last time Aliza said anything.

It was like a big part of her went missing, nowhere to be found. She barely ate, her face pale and her eyes were swollen with circles underneath them.

The house felt colder than usual for everyone. As the days went by, no one knew what to do.

Aliza didn't speak, not even with her mother or Vincent. Kol tried but the only response he got from Aliza was her walking out of the room, barely even looking at him.

She wasn't going for practice, despite that Marcel still came to visit, the only reaction he got from her was just a glance.

Aliza refused to attend her lessons with Cami, who too tried to get her to talk but failed.

Klaus had no idea what exactly happened that night but after watching Aliza, he wasn't even sure if he wanted to know what Tristan did.

Aliza refused to attend Rome's funeral.

They kept it small, Vincent being there for Mithila as she sobbed in his arms. They tried to talk to Aliza about attending Rome's funeral but she was numb, no response, no reaction. Just blankly staring outside, lost in her mind, eventually falling asleep.

Klaus sighed again, "Come on love. Just a few bites." He said, glancing at the tray in his hands and then back at Aliza who was lying on the bed, with her back facing towards them.

"You have to eat something, darling," Kol added as he stared at Aliza with a painful look on his face.

He exchanged a grim look with Elijah who was standing beside him.

They had been trying to get her to eat something for almost three days. But all efforts were met with nothing but silence.

Rebekah had a hard time trying to convince Mithila to take some rest, she had been awake and by Aliza's side for almost the entire time. Camille too had to talk Vincent into getting some sleep.

They both had been by Aliza's side ever since they came back from the funeral. Both were trying their best to hide the pain of losing Rome.

Klaus sighed again when Aliza covered herself with the blanket.