𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 | 9

When I meet Yunho, I'll make sure to tell him he's the most precious human being ever. What do you mean I'll stay frozen? It's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Of course I'm taking it.

- Song Mingi, conversation with Park Seonghwa

♫♪.ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı.♫♪

Silence.

No sound other than his own wiring thoughts swarmed his ears. His ability to rationalize disappeared on him, and Mingi is more than certain that, if it weren't for his frozen body, he would be blabbering like a fish out of water, and Mingi didn't know which one was more embarrassing. What's not embarrassing, though? The one and only Jeong Yunho stood one door down from him, his hands clutching the door's handle and his eyes stuck on Mingi's face.

Mingi forgot how to breathe. All this time, Jeong Yunho was his neighbor. All this time, Jeong Yunho lived right next to him. All this time, Jeong Yunho had been breathing next to him. And only now had Mingi realized this information because of his unbreakable habit of staying at the studio. Mingi promised himself to come home more often. There was simply no way he'd let this slide, not when he felt like the luckiest Yunhopower alive for having the literal Jeong Yunho live right next to him.

He felt himself blushing crazily under the mask, and he thanked Seonghwa for barking at him to wear it, or else Yunho would've had a VIP display of his messy face. Yunho, on the other hand? He didn't have a mask. Nothing covered his beautiful face —Mingi concluded that pictures don't do Yunho's beauty justice— and Mingi almost swooned right then and there. Mingi saw the faintest blush tint the taller's cheeks, but he immediately discarded it. Probably his imagination playing games with his feelings.

For a moment, Mingi forgot the aftermath of the interview. For a moment, he didn't mind if the world found out he was gay. For a moment, he didn't care if people threw hate at him. Because now that he had Yunho in front of him, he came to the conclusion that he was totally gay for him. And he was fucking proud of it.

Though he wanted to stare for a bit longer, he knew that, if he did so, he'd look like a creep, and he didn't want Yunho to acknowledge him as one. Riling up his one working brain cell —the others were equally as frozen as his body— and pulling his shit together, he smiled at the other. Yunho widened his eyes.

"Hey," Mingi greeted, surprisingly calm even though his heart sped faster than the Flash himself. "Fancy seeing you here."

The rapper suppressed the urge to face-palm. Really? Fancy seeing you here? What was he, a gentleman from the 1800's? Sure, that sounded hot, but they're in the 21st century. What if he thought he was weird? What if he—

His brain stopped working when Yunho returned the grin. "Same goes for you."

Oh god, his smile is too dangerous.

His mind went haywire trying to come up with possible conversation starters, but alas, nothing came up. He opted for doing the next best thing in the situation.

Mingi detached his hand from his apartment handle, turning his body to directly face his idol. The smile on his face was more prominent than before, and though he probably shouldn't do it to protect the small dignity he had, he pulled down his mask. Yunho's grin appeared to widen the moment Mingi revealed his entire face.

"I'm Mingi," the rapper said, extending his hand.

The taller got the memo and extended his own. "And I'm Yunho."

Mingi was sure he had never felt something as soft as Yunho's hand. That, or his judgement was too clouded right now, his mind dysfunctioning because of the fact that he had just presented himself to Yunho, which meant that Yunho now knew who he was. He didn't want to imagine, but what's the probability of his idol choreographing for him, Song Mingi, now? San would most likely decapitate him from jealousy, but he didn't care. The present was here and now, and right now, he was holding Yunho's hand and the taller was smiling so softly at him. Mingi's knees were close to breaking down.