Chapter 30

Aria's POV

I felt something on my chest. I tried opening my eyes but it was quite difficult. Once I opened my eyes, I looked to see that the room was dimly lit. I looked at my chest to see Liam sleeping on me. His head was on my right boob with arms around my neck. A smile crept on my face while looking at him. Also, there was a blanket drapped around us. I looked around to see I was still in his room and fell asleep while sitting.

I remembered that we needed to submit those papers before 6pm. I looked around for a watch. It was 7pm right now.

'Shit, how can I fell asleep and that too at my boss's house. God, I am really stupid.' I thought.

I removed the blanket and got up. I stretched my arms and legs a bit; careful to not wake up Liam. Sitting at the same position for such a long period of time caused my muscles to start aching. I touched Liam's forehead to see if he still has fever and to my relief it had reduced quite a much. It was almost not there. He started stirring in his sleep so I started moving back and forth while rubbing his back to make him asleep. He placed his head in the crook of my neck and nuzzled his nose. After a while when he was still in my arms, I thought to put him in his crib. Slowly, I removed his face from my neck to see his face. His eyes were closed means he might be sleeping.

I placed him in the crib, but he opened his eyes in an instant. I thought seeing me he would cry and ask for Nathan Sir but when he saw me; he gave me a slight smile and indicated me to pick him up with hands. As he was awake, there was no point in making him sleep because he already took three hour nap which is enough for a child. I took him in my arms and smiled at him. He gave me a lazy grin and placed his head on my shoulder making himself comfortable.

I came out from the room with him and went downstairs towards living room; assuming Nathan Sir would be there. The living room was lit with some lights enchanting the beauty of a perfect view of city. It amazed me how the view was so beautiful. I am a sucker for natural views so it is quite fascinating for me. I realised the reason why I came here. I looked around the room and found a silhouette in kitchen area I guess.

I went there to see it was Nathan Sir behind the stoves doing something. I cleared my throat to acknowledge my presence. He looked up at me.

"I am sorry Sir I fell asleep here. Actually I slept late yesterday and woke up early in the morning. I was also jet lagged so I didn't even remembered when my eyes closed. I knew I shouldn't have stayed up that late. We needed to submit those documents before 6pm but because of me now we are late. It was such an important deal. I am really sorry-"

Before I could continue he came forward and placed his hand on my mouth looking amused at my ranting.

"Shh... its fine if you took a nap here. Besides, I know you must have been tired so it's alright. And about that deal, you need not worry about it. I emailed the documents to Mr Russo so you can relax."

I realised that we were standing close to each other. There was barely an inch distance between us. I looked in his eyes to see he was looking at me in eyes. Upon looking closely, I can see some black specks in his beautiful grey eyes. It seems like he is looking right at my soul. His eyes is the best part of him. They have a certain pull in them. I have seen how they sparkle when he is happy or excited about something. Although that side of him is visible only when he is with Liam.

I know, I have decided to maintain some distance between us but I myself can't help to stay away from him. Recently, I have seen a different side of him. He is not that rude now, I mean he is not soft and gentle but is atleast polite. Though his rude behaviour helped me to not develop crush for him again but now it seems so difficult.