Chapter 15: A New Chapter Begins: The Chūnin Exam!

Start from the beginning

        "Hey, you!" the woman murmured in a low voice, her eyes glinting dangerously. Naruto blinked owlishly before turning to face the woman, sporting a bright grin. 

        "Oh, obasan (Mrs.)! I've gotten rid of all the weeds!" Naruto told, waiting for praise. The woman trembled with anger. "Huh? What's wrong?"

        "Those... those aren't weeds."

        "Huh?"

        "Those are the herbs I grew in my garden!"

        The woman began hitting Naruto repeatedly. You stood by, deciding not to help the poor boy.

        "Itai (ouch)! (A/n)-chan, help me!"

        "Aren't you strong?" you asked mockingly. "You said so yourself, right? Shouldn't you be able to take a few hits?"

        Sasuke snickered. Naruto glared at the other male then turned to you.

        "But this old hag is scary!"

        "What did you just call me?!"

        Cue another round of punches.

-------

        Your next task was to pick up trash from a river. Your team had large baskets on your backs for putting the trash into. Kakashi merely rested on the riverbank, reading his perverted book. 

        You bent down, using the tongs in your hand to pick up a soda can before tossing it into the basket on your own back. A loud splash caught your attention. Naruto had slipped and was being swept away by the river.

        "Somebody... help...!" he cried. The river soon led to a waterfall. "No way! Freefall!"

        Naruto continued to scream until he realized that he was no longer falling. Sasuke held him by his ankles, his other hand gripping a wire that he had tied to the tree above.

        "Usuratonkachi," Sasuke insulted, giving the other boy a bored, disinterested look. Naruto's brows twitched with anger.

-------

        This time, your team was instructed to walk dogs. The sensible three of your team all chose small dogs, yours being an angry pomeranian with red eyes. Naruto, being the local idiot, chose the biggest dog there was. It wasn't long before he lost control.

        "Oi! Don't go over there, dattebayo!" Naruto frantically pulled on the leash, trying to slow the dog down, for the dog was leading him straight into a trap field. "Oi! Please stop!" 

        The dog didn't listen as it kept walking. Naruto's heels dug into the dirt, but the dog merely pulled him along. 

        "Baka..." Sasuke murmured, the four of you watching Naruto's helpless form. 

        Sakura sighed with exasperation. "That's because he stubbornly chose that big dog."

        Naruto's dog continued to make its way to the trap field while the blonde boy shouted incoherent protests. As soon as the duo stepped onto the field, they were met with large explosions. Naruto's pained cries could be heard from where you stood. When they finally emerged, miraculously, not a scratch could be seen on the dog. The same could not be said for Naruto. The boy was thoroughly burnt with steam coming off of his skin and his clothes.