Chapter 5: A Dangerous Mission! Journey to the Land of Waves!

"Sasuke here at Point B!"

        "Sakura here at Point C!"

        "(A/n) here at Point D."

        "...Naruto here. I'm at Point A, dattebayo!"

        "You're slow, Naruto!" Kakashi reprimanded. "Yosh, the seventh squad... Hm? The target has moved!"

        Overhead, a black shadow leaped over the treetops and shot back down to the forest floors. It bounded across the ground and into a group of bushes.

        "Follow it!"

        You peeked out from behind the tree trying to spot the target of your mission.

        "Alright! It's over there!" Naruto whispered into the mic. The four of you then zoomed over to different positions.

        "What's your distance from the target?" Kakashi asked, murmuring into the headset.

        "Five meters!" came Naruto's reply. "I can go at any time, 'ttebayo!"

        "I'm ready, too!" Sasuke spoke.

        "Me, too...!" Sakura confirmed.

        "Hmm..." you hummed in agreement.

        "Okay..." Kakashi paused, waiting for the perfect moment. "Do it!"

        Immediately, you all leaped out from your hiding positions and toward the target.

        "Uryaaah!" Naruto cried as he wildly grabbed at the target, a certain cat named Tora. "I got him!"

        "Does he have the ribbon on his right ear...?" You hear Kakashi ask as you ignored the yowls of the cat as he scratched Naruto. "Are you sure it's our target, Tora?"

        "Hai, ID confirmed," you said in response, desperately trying to ignore the cries of pain behind you.

        "Yosh, the mission to capture the lost pet 'Tora' is complete!" Kakashi congratulated. Just as he said the last word, you yanked the headset off just in time to avoid Naruto's loud voice directly shouting in your ear.

        "Isn't there another mission with a greater sense of urgency?! I hate cats, 'ttebayo!"

-------

        You were back to the place where the missions were assigned. At the front of the room, the Hokage and Iruka as well as a few other people assigned to help deal out missions were sitting behind a table. Currently, you were averting your eyes away from Madame Shijimi, the wife of the Land of Fire's Daimyo, who was smuggling her cat with affection.

        "Ohhh! My cute Tora! I was worried to death!" she cooed as she rubbed her cheeks against the cat.

        "Serves him right, 'ttebayo, that baka cat." Naruto chuckled, enjoying the cat's pain.

        "No wonder he ran away..." Sakura trailed off, feeling pity for the poor cat. Meanwhile, you were trying to ignore the strange scene and focused your attention back on the Hokage for your next mission.

        "...Now, then!" The Hokage picked up the list of missions and scanned through them. "The next mission for Kakashi's seventh squad is... An errand to the neighboring town... to babysit the chief Councilor's boy... helping with digging for potatoes, eh..."

        "Nooooo!" Naruto interrupted. He created an X with his arms. "No! No, thank you! As for me, I want to do a more exciting mission! Give us something else!"