chapter 13

i was laying in nates bed wrapped in his sheets naked as he was showering. his phone kept getting a bunch of text notifications and i couldn't help but look.

i'm not like the jealous type or anything but recently he's been glued to his phone and very secretive. i swear to god if he's texting maddy behind my back,me and him are over.

i picked up his phone. i couldn't believe my eyes. holy shit. he was texting maddy. i was so deep into their texts i didn't even fucking realize that nate was standing there watching me scroll through his phone.

(btw i was gonna make this part about jules but that whole situation happened during the fall and winter and it's like spring time for them rn so we're just gonna pretend the jules and nate situation didn't happen)

why is he still texting maddy telling her that he still loves her? after a while of reading them i couldn't even bare to read anymore. it hurt too much. as i shut his phone off and looked up i saw nate standing there in front of his bed watching me.

i looked up and didn't even say anything. i didn't know what to say. i didn't even realize the amount of tears running down my face. i could see the tears running down his as well.

he walked over to me and i backed away. i got off of his bed and threw my white tee shirt back over my head and put my jeans back on my legs. i grabbed my white fluffy scrunchie off of his nightstand and put it on my wrist. he kept coming towards me. but i was moving out of the way. he finally grabbed me and held onto my body. i couldn't even look up. i just stood there while his strong hands held onto my arms.

"skylar" he whispered. i didn't move. "skylar" he repeated. "look at me" he said. i stood there with my eyes closed then moved my head up. i looked into his eyes. "skylar" he said.

i shut my eyes and let a tear drop down. and opened them back up. "can you let go of me" i said. but he didn't listen. i tried to get him off of me but he wouldn't budge. god why is he so strong?

"nate if you want to be with me,you need to figure out your feelings for maddy out first" i said. i ripped my arms out from his grip and walked out.

as i walked home i couldn't control the tears falling out of my eyes. when i got home i unlocked the door and ran up the stairs to my bedroom. i threw myself onto my bed and didn't move for two days.

i missed two days of school and nate kept calling and texting me but i wouldn't answer him. i didn't tell emma what nate did. i don't think nate told her either.

maybe im over reacting. but i'm just hurt. but i should probably go back to school tomorrow. i can't keep missing school. i have so many absences already this year. i can't just keep missing school because nate is texting maddy. god i'm so fucking sensitive.

next day-

i got up and made sure to dress super slutty to make nate mad.

i wore

didn't come out as slutty as i wanted it to but i also didn't want nate to try to kill me because i was looking too slutty

emma drove me to school for the first time in a while. normally nate brings me.

as we got to the school she parked right next to nate. like usual. i grabbed my things and walked into the school.

as i shut my locker i turned my head and saw nate standing with maddy holding her hand. he made eye contact with me and looked away immediately.

i slammed my locker and walked away. i could feel his eyes burn into the back of my head. i walked down the flight of stairs that led to the science lab which i had to be in for first period. i stood outside the door and i heard footsteps behind me.

please don't be nate