chapter 5

the next morning i woke up and had to get ready for school. honestly the last thing i wanted to do was get out of my bed. but i did.

i brushed my teeth and washed my face. i sat down at my vanity and did my makeup.

then for clothes i wore

i left my hair down

me and emma left to go to school

as we pulled into the parking lot i could see all the other students who go to my school.
she parked next to nates truck and we walked in.
nate was standing at the door waiting for us.
i walked past him and just like yesterday,i could feel his eyes watching me.
i picked up my pace and got to my locker. i grabbed my binder and put it in my backpack and walked to emma's locker to stand with her until the bell rang like normal.

"i'm gonna go talk to jake" emma said. that's her "boyfriend" they're pretty on and off tbh. nate hates him. so do i. honestly he's just a dick. and emma is too good for him.

i nodded my head and she walked away to go see him. nate walked up to me. i put my phone down and looked at him. "hey" i said. "you look good" he said with a smirk. "don't you have like a girlfriend?" i asked him. he looked at me. "maddy?" he asked me. i nodded my head. "nah we broke up" he said. i nodded my head not knowing what else to say. "so are you gonna stop being shy with me" he asked. i raised my eyebrows. "what do you mean" i asked with a little laugh. "you don't even talk to me" he said. "oh sorry" i said. he laughed and then bent down to whisper something in my ear.

"your sister has practice tonight an hour later than me" he whispered

fuck. after we get out of school emma brings me home and has practice from 3-7 and nate only practice from 3-6 tonight. fuck fuck fuck. and they're probably gonna hang out after practice.

"do you want me to come over when i get home so we can spend time together " he said. "um sure" i said with a smile. he nodded his head and smirked. the bell rang and i went to walk away but he pulled me to him. "have a good day" he said. "you too" i said with a smile.

i walked away from him and went to my first period class. geometry. i sat right in between roy and troy in that class. those two are obnoxious but they're funny.

i sat down in my desk and pulled out my phone. i was scrolling though instagram and then roy and troy took their seats next to me and started talking to me.

i talked with them until the teacher started talking about whatever she's teaching us. i hate this class.

the rest of my day was okay. boring but good. at the end of the day i met emma in the parking lot and she drove me home. she came inside with me to change into clothes for her to wear to practice. after she left i made an iced coffee and a few tiktoks. i changed out of my school clothes into a cropped tang top and a pair of shorts. i grabbed a big fuzzy blanket off of my bed and brought it downstairs. i laid with my dog on the couch and watched tv.

around 5:30 i put a big sweatshirt on and put my dog on her leash and took her for a walk so she could use the bathroom and just walk around a little bit. we live in a really safe neighborhood so i go by myself all the time. i go on runs by myself often as well. after 15 minutes of walking i brought her back home. when i got to the door i went inside and took her off her leash and took my shoes off. i rubbed my eyes. i took the elastic off of my wrist and flipped my hair over putting it in a high ponytail. i took my sweatshirt off and made my way back to the living room. as soon as i laid back down i could hear keys at the front door. then the door opened. and i watched nate come into the living room.