9 - Old Hory-Dory

Ever since his talk with Pansy, Draco is adamant about avoiding his love interests. He would conveniently have to talk with a teacher, have some extra work to do, see someone he had to urgently speak with, forget items in the furthest location possible from where they are right now, etc. These were the nicer avoiding tactics he had as well! But then the blonde would - quite literally - sprint away when he saw either of the Gryffindors, or jump into hidden alcoves, or even throw himself into supply closets or empty classrooms. 

At first, Ron and Harry just thought he was awkward because of his clear objections to the ex-rivals not sharing a dorm. But then, after a conversation with Hermione when the escaping became too much, it became clear that there was something else going on. So they tried to catch him to get the Slytherin to open up about the issues going on.

The only reason that Ron and Harry didn't immediately start a riot is that Draco still let them sleep with him. The blonde didn't even think about denying them the opportunity of a good nights sleep; besides, he himself wasn't about to give up the warmth and comfort the two men offered. 

Nonetheless, the days passed by. Ron was getting more and more infuriated by how fickle Draco was being, Harry was getting more and more frustrated with how he doesn't understand what happened, and Draco was getting more and more exasperated with his feelings towards the Gryffindors.

Eventually, Harry snapped. "D'you what? I say we stop waiting. It can't be that difficult to find him, right? And then he'll have to speak to us!" 

The tall ginger was right behind him in this choice, "Exactly! How bloody hard could it be to catch such a tall guy with the most noticeable hair ever?"

Just a hint in advance, very hard. 

The two men were up and down the castle, looking in every crack and crevice possible; asking every living and not-exactly-living souls in the ancient building about the blonde's whereabouts; even begging Mr Potter (very carefully neglecting to mention their plan to Mrs Potter) until he handed over the marauders map so they have more of an idea about where Malfoy is. They would creep into the dungeons, fly up into the air using brooms, run across grounds and even swim in the lake. But despite all of their efforts, it was fruitless. It seemed as though Draco was always able to slip out of their grasp like the Slytherin he is.

Eventually, the frustrated red-clad students stomped down to the Slytherin Common Room, banged on the entrance until a scared First Year opened up, and demanded to either speak to Pansy Parkinson or Draco Malfoy. Obviously, it was Pansy who graced them with her presence. After a heavy debate which ended with Harry bribing Parkinson with the prospect that not only will she know all of the gossips but he will do whatever she wants for a full day, once she agreed, the three pupils went back to the dorm that started it all.

"Well, Gryffindorks, out with the scandal. It's what I'm here for," the ravenette snottily said while crossing her legs on the chair she had chosen to sit on. Coincidentally, it was the same chair that Draco seemed to have taken possession of, and the pale man would quite literally glare at anyone who so much as touched the dreaded object without his permission. At first, both Ron and Harry found it amusing, but it seemed - like with many other things - that the Slytherin wore them down and they now felt a certain obligation to not let anyone near the damned item. This was evident in the very pointed scowls that Pansy received when she sat down, but she just ignored them. Living with a dramatic boy like Draco does make people immune to stuff like this.

"Well, Draco just started to avoid us. It all started when Professor McGonagall asked about moving us back into our previous dorms-" Harry started before being abruptly interrupted by Pansy.

"She what?"

"Yeah. Obviously, we denied it," Ron cut in before Harry could. It took Pansy a couple of seconds to process this new information, neatly slotting it into the already vast amount of data she has about the three boys and their relationship. While that may sound disturbingly creepy, Parkinson had a way with the rumour mill. Whatever she wanted it to spout, it would. Blame the Slytherin in her. Anyway, this did end up with a lot of stories about everything and everyone, and a lot of excess knowledge that she wouldn't necessarily want was handed to her on a silver platter. Not to mention all the subtle tell-tale signs that Draco, Ron and Harry offered without even realising it. They were picked up on by Pansy's eyes, however, which led to a very nice picture with just a few loose ends.