3 - First nightmare

"Poppy, would you care for some biscuits and tea?" Minerva called while walking through the hospital wing.

Her wife came out from her office, and smiling, she agreed. "One second. Just need to organise some things then I'll be there!" 

"Of course. Do you need any help?" McGonagall asked, feeling incredibly happy at the mere sight of the busy woman.

"No, thank you. It'll only take a tick," As she said that, a first-year Ravenclaw walked in. They had a busted nose, apparently from falling. They were quickly fixed up before they went on their way. After that, Pomfrey was finished, and she left with the love of her life for some biscuits and tea.

On their way to the office, they passed a giggling Slytherin and Gryffindor. Smiling fondly at the pair, the two women reminisced about their time together within these castle walls. Professor McGonagall's hard work paid off, and the unstable relationship between the houses was slowly being rebuilt. If only the older students had as much enthusiasm towards others as the first-years. However, even there people were mingling more, even if just in class. Every small step counted.

On the other side of the castle, hidden in the dungeons, both Draco and Pansy were gasping for air with tears in their eyes. Blaise Zabini had accidentally made a comment which involved Neville and his arse. The usually calm and collected teen was flushed a dark scarlet which was visible even through his dark skin. His two friends were laughing heartily at his expense, something Blaise wasn't enjoying. 

"Yeah, yeah. Haha. Stop," Zabini begged, rolling his eyes. 

The Filipino girl calmed down slightly, wiping the stray tears dotted about her face, "Merlin, never let me forget this." Draco was also slowly coming down from his high, although a very prominent grin remained on his face. It's very rare when the Italian said something which he hadn't thought through, and when he did Draco and Pansy took that to their advantage.

"Finished?" Blaise asked sarcastically, receiving two nods.

"That was amazing. At least you're self-aware," Malfoy teased, with Parkinson nodding along.

"What do you mean 'self-aware'?!" The Italian asked haughtily.

"Well, it's fairly obvious you have the hots for each other," The only female started.

"So while we are still convinced that you already have gotten into his pants, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt," The tall man finished. Patting his shorter friend on the knee. His hand was promptly shoved off, and a scowl grew on Blaise's handsome features. 

The atmosphere did return to its usual busy self soon after that, though. All thoughts and jokes about Blaise and Longbottom's relationship soon forgotten in favour of the Slytherins' usual dramatic selves. There were melodramatic reenactments of the morning he woke up the Gryffindors and his most recent interaction with Daphne courtesy Draco; a bunch of hot tales about teachers and students from Pansy; and a couple of jokes from Blaise. Overall, by the time Malfoy was forced to go back to the dorm in fear of not making it before curfew, any tension he may have had was forgotten. In fact, when he opened the door once again, it took all of his Malfoy-ness to train his face back into its usual blank slate.

The weeks soon passed, with Draco waking Ron and Harry up most, if not all, mornings. While both Gryffindors were forever complaining about being drenched every time, at least they weren't left to sleep. However, more often than not, Ron wished he could just be left alone. His dreams were once again being plagued with horrid nightmares, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Nothing that he was willing to do, anyway. Weasley was adamant in keeping his misfortune to himself. There was no way that he was going to show weakness.

Sleepless nightsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara