|><|Chapter Twelve: Chae Brothers

Start from the beginning

He decided to turn his phone off before hiding it back into his pocket. He'll just tell Jooheon what happened tommorow.

__

The ride to Hyungwon's hometown was nice and calm. They didn't take any break or detours and just drive straight to their destination. They talked a lot and laughed a lot as they share stories with each other. Changkyun feeling more and more comfortable and free with the older while Hyungwon found a new level of fondness for the younger.

He truly enjoyed the younger's company, so much that even for a moment he didn't felt the heavy feeling in his chest that had been residing there since the death of his father. He actually felt like he was on a road trip with a close friend. Though the heavy feeling quickly came back when he caught sight of the familiar looming black metal gates of the town's cemetery.

He stopped the car, staring at the gates in a distance. He didn't realize they'll arrive so soon, 3 hours –7 years and he was still not prepared to face his father, even if he knew he won't come face to face with him.

"Hyung?" He heard the deep yet gentle voice of Changkyun call for him. "Is everything alright?" He asked, concern written on his face. " We can turn back, you really don't have to force yourself"

Hyungwon bit his lower lip and chuckled,humorless. He shook his head "It's okay, I'm fine" He assured Changkyun.

They drove for hours to get there, he can't turn back now. Because if he did then he's not just wasting his time but also Changkyun's. The younger had been so sweet to accompany him, he shouldn't chicken out now

He parked the car, near the gates. Slowly getting out and Changkyun following suit. The younger looking around at his new surroundings before putting his focus back on Hyungwon.

Hyungwon pursed his lips, his brows furrowed, thinking. Then he gave a breath before finally walking towards the gates, Changkyun just quitely following after his trail. The older's steps gets slower and slower as they near his father's place.

Eventually, he stopped infront of a grave that was quite far from the rest. It was well kept, the tombstone clean of any moss and the grass were perfectly trimmed.

It was very quiet, Hyungwon didn't mutter anything and just stood there. His eyes staring at the familiar letters of his father's name. His emotions swirling inside of him but it won't get out just yet.

Changkyun stood two steps away, he took a peek at the tombstone then at the older's stoic face yet his dull eyes tells extreme emotions.

"Hyung... I'll be just there" Changkyun says, awkwardly pointing at some random direction. He decided to give Hyungwon his space. The older glanced at him with gratitude, giving him a small tired smile and a nod.

Hyungwon looked at Changkyun walked off, the latter looking at the other tombstones, probably reading the inscriptions to keep himself somewhat entertained.

Focusing back on the main reason he was there, he bit his lower lip playing with his fingers as if he was a child being scolded. Which is quite funny because he was never like that  back then whenever he gets scolded. He would be rude, it was either ignore his parents or talk back, nothing in between.

"Hey Dad..." Hyungwon finally let out, not sure of what to say. He have a lot in mind that he wanted to tell but he have no idea how to start it, not even sure if it's all worth it talking to someone who isn't there any more.

"It's been a long time huh? I never really visited you like the bad son that I am"

Hyungwon looked up to try and keep in his tears as he felt his feelings pool his eyes. He wiped the side of his eye where a small tear escaped, preventing to run down his cheek.