Chapter 7

"Thanks, again," I said.

"Sure. Love you, Mel."

"Love you too. See you up there," I said, pointing to the sky.

"You know it," Luke smiled before closing the door. I zipped up my jacket before darting down the back stairs to make sure I didn't see anyone. I stopped at the base of the stairs and turned around.

"Nathan?" I whispered.

"What do you want?" he snapped.

"Is it you? You seem...well-"

"I'm not good for you. Leave."

"No."

"He warned you," Katrina whispered. I jumped at her voice and chills ran down my spine. She turned into a spirit and went into Nathan. I whipped my head around and looked at him. He glarred at me before trying to grab me. I let my wings out and flew out and into the sky as quickly as I could. Crap. I flew up to the heavens and got to the gate. He was following very close behind.

"Peter! Peter! Oh, Peter, let me in! Let me in!" I cried. He ran quickly to the golden gates, but it was too late; I was already falling. Nathan glarred at Peter now.

"No," he murmurred. He threw Nathan inside and grabbed the tip of my wing, just before I was out of reach. He locked the gates. "Melanie, go," he ordered, and I scampered off.

"Christ? Christ?" I called when I entered the throne room.

"He's gone," Mary whispered.

"What do you mean gone?" I said, suprised.

"He and Father left to go find all the traitor angels, and their possessions. Nathan was just a training possession, not Satan's initial one. But they won't be back for-"

"Mary, what am I going to do? Nathan's here!"

"He's here?"

"Yes. What about the-"

"No, no, Melanie, you need to do this on your own. No spirits."

"Mary?"

"Yes?"

"If an angel hypothetically fell in love with a traitor's possession, and...and vice versa, who would ouver rule the other?"

"Well, I suppose that all depends. But when the power of love conquers the love of power,"

"The world will know peace," I finished.

"Do you understand?"

"I think so."

"Good. Now go," she whispered. I smiled and went to where Peter was holding Nathan. But he wasn;t my Nathan.

"Peter, I'll take it from here, thanks." He glanced at me and then let him go before walking back to the gates.

"Nathan?"

"You really shouldn't have called for Peter."

"Nathan, can I ask something?"

"No." He turned his back. "Where is this power stored? I want it."

"It's in your heart. It's in love. Nathan, take me to Satan," I whispered.

His eyes flashed with a wave of sadness, before returning to sinister joy. He grabbed my wrist and pulled me down to the fires of hell. I had no idea what I was getting myself into.