chapter 4

• Dedicated to Emma Aurelie Gould

Now, before you continue reading there is something you should know about me. I'm not actually a human. I'm an angel. Yup, an angel. Kind of a shock, huh? Let ne explain something about angels, well a few somethings actually.

Yes, as you probably figured out, we can be born into the world as humans. But it's mostly the younger ones. I was adopted when I was three (on earth) and raised here until I was killed. I figured out I was an angel at about ten, when I had a dream where I saw Jesus pick me and my five year old brother to go down to earth and be adopted. We were adopted at the same time, but he still didn't know. Anyway, we're each given a mission when we come to earth, in hiuman form or not. Mine was self sacrifice to help one person, just one, and I'd never done that. It couldn't be as simple as giving someone the last cupcake when I skipped breakfast. No, it had to be something life changing. That's why I begged to come back-to complete my mission. Because I wanted my halo. I've got my wings, but a halo completes the package you see. You're probably wondering what I'm putting on th eline here, right? Everything. If an angel gets too close to a demon, they can be forced to go to hell and work for Satan. And I'm risking everything for Nathan, because when I first saw Nathan when I was thirteen years old, I fell in love with him. Oh yeah, one last thing, angels are big on love at first sight.