The End of The Day

Start from the beginning

You furrowed your brows in confusion, before realizing that she must have been watching you for a few minutes. You had probably looked a bit confused.

She had already slipped into hers, although she wasn't wearing the stockings or brown shoes with it.

"Whenever you finish with your duties for the day you get to change into your other uniform." She said, plopping down on the bed next to you. "And then you get to eat dinner."

As you stood to untie your apron, she continued to speak. "The maids in the other dorm handle the nightly duties so that we can sleep and prepare for the next day. So once you put on that brown dress," She reached for it and held it in front of her, "You're done for the night unless Sanria says otherwise."

You turned to face the wall as you pulled off your blue dress, blushing slightly. You had figured that there would be limited privacy, but it was still embarrassing to strip when other people were around.

"Oh, and sometimes if we're lucky, we get to go to the local village!" She said happily. "Although most of us don't have spending money really. We send our wages to our families if we can."

You reached behind you and a moment later the brown dress was handed to you. As you slipped the scratchy dress over your head, the girl introduced herself.

"I'm Rae. I've been here for a few years now, so I can show you the ropes if you'd like!" She said.

You finally turned back to her and straightened your dress. Her smile was kind and she seemed genuine. You found yourself returning it to her, as you nodded.

"Yes, I'd really like that." You said, reaching for your stockings. "My name is Y/N, by the way." You introduced yourself, before pulling the stockings up your legs.

Rae reached out her hand and you took it, squeezing it gently. You were relieved to now have someone by your side. Someone to show you how things worked and who could at least give you hints on proper behavior before you ended up like the poor blonde girl from earlier in the day.

You were terrified of messing up ever since you had stumbled upon that scene. While the blonde girl had also gotten pregnant, you still felt as though Sanria was hot headed and there was always a risk of getting her mad.

As Rae brought you around and introduced you to some of the other girls, you felt your heart getting lighter.

It had been a long time since you had had positive interactions like the ones you were currently experiencing.

In your home village, you were used to isolating yourself. Your fellow villagers were always looking for a way to steal from you, or even hurt you, just to survive.

You had found that out the hard way when your mother had disappeared. The villagers around you had turned sickly sweet the day after she had gone missing.

You had been foolish enough to believe their facade, and they had robbed you blind. To add insult to injury, a few of them had been so low that they were willing to beat you despite you being so young.

You didn't detect any type of ill intent among these girls though, and you found yourself craving their company.

They were in the same boat as you, except they seemed like they were willing to make the best of it when they could instead of attacking each other at every turn and corner.

Most of them shared the same past as you too; Mystery home village, lack of resources, growing up surrounded by death and sadness.

Even though the situation you were in could have been better, you couldn't pretend that sitting at the long wooden table in the servants small dining hall, surrounded by warmth and the smell of homely food, was the worst situation to be in.