"Excuse me," Daichi's voice was low and clear, yet somehow subtly threatening. Like when he scolds his teammates to behave. "This practice is for volleyball club members only. Are you here to try out? You can start by receiving our hits if that's the case."

Suga chimed in, sweet as honey. "Our precious manager here is practicing her walking and leg exercises." Here was when he put his hand on my shoulder and leaned his head on mine. "It's best if she can focus without any distractions... understood?" Looking behind Suga, even Azumane had a mean face on, and I had NEVER seen him try to act intimidating! On purpose anyway. The whole club was staring Kojima down, even I got shivers down my back. He began backing out of the gym stuttering.

"He- hey. Take it easy now. I'm leaving, I was- was just asking her a question." He looked at me then, almost desperately "C'mon, Toshiko. Are you agreeing or not?"

This whole bizarre situation was flustering me to no end. I just wanted it to stop. I just wanted him out of there. When he stepped outside I crutched forward and hissed at him.

"Fine! Whatever. Just get out of here, Kojima! You could've asked me in a better place." And as a smile lit up his face I slammed the door closed. Effectively shutting him out and putting an end to that hellish awkwardness. When I turned, everyone's face was soft again. Normal. A hot blush furiously paraded across my cheeks as I bowed deeply and announced,

"I'm really sorry for the disruption! Please continue practice..."

"It's alright!" Coach sighed from across the court. "Sometimes these things can't be helped." He clapped his hands and called the boys to continue practice. I quietly thanked the seniors for coming over when they did. They smiled, patted my head, and jogged back to the court. A deep breath filled and deflated my lungs. That was really weird. And I felt guilty for causing such a hault to their practice. Just when I was about to get back to my exercises, I was interrupted again.

"Are you okay?" The low voice asked.

"Oh, Kageyama!" He was close in order to speak low enough for our conversation to be private. "Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry about that."

"I saw how he grabbed you."

My face reddened again. "Ah... you saw that?"

"I think everyone did. We all turned to see what happened when you screamed. Except for the coaches, they didn't even know what was going on until the third years were already at your side." There was a look in his eyes that I couldn't quite describe, but whatever it was, it was pretty intense.

"I see..." My face felt like it was on fire, I gently held my sides in the places where Kojima grabbed me so tightly. Thanks for helping me up, but damn did he have to grab so hard? My sides hurt...

"You sure you're okay? Your face is really red."

"Gah! Yes! I'm fine now!" I said in a frenzy. "Please Kageyama, you should get back to practice, okay?" He held eye contact for another few seconds, maybe to make sure that I was 100% okay. Finally, he nodded and hurried back to the court.

Damn, so they all saw everything huh? How embarrassing... stupid Kojima.

xxx

"He what?! And you agreed?!" Hinata shouted into the air as he pedaled. I gripped the back of his seat tighter.

"I panicked! I just wanted him out of there before things got more embarrassing... I'm sure it won't be that bad."

"Of course it will be! I don't think you should go!"

"Why, Shouyou?"

I could feel his words catch in his throat for a second. "Well..." he broke the silence. "Well...! I don't even know! I just.... don't trust it, you know? Like a gut feeling!"

"A gut feeling?" I decided to prod further, I don't know why. Maybe I was digging for any motivation or reason to cancel the date. "What else does your gut say?"

Hinata grumbled. "It's like... every time I see him hang around you I feel so... URGH!"

"Does that mean... you're jealous?" A smirk spread on my face.

His bike wobbled slightly before he gained control back. "Eh?! Jealous?! It's- it's not like that!"

I couldn't help but giggle. "Don't worry Shouyou." My eyes closed as I smiled and leaned my back against his. He always brought me so much comfort, I could've forgotten all about what happened during practice. "You'll always be my best friend. No one will get between us. Especially someone as dumb as Kojima." I heard him take a shaky breath, as if he was about to say something. But in the end we just rode the rest of the way to my house in comfortable silence.

~Notes from author~
Wow! I'm back in business baby!!! So much motivation to write!! I'm pumpin out chapters like it's nobody's business (>0<)

Also... All I gotta say is.... Shouyou and Toshiko - The King and Queen of being oblivious...

Huehue see ya in the next chapter ;b fair warning, it's kinda long.

<3 Lemon