𝟐𝟗

After having an eventful day yesterday that lead to us getting chased down by the police, we all decided it was best to hideout in Kie's car in a secluded area near the road.

"Let's game this out. Maybe you guys can help, being the smart ones and all, but...who are the cops going to believe?Ward Cameron or us?" JJ stated from the drivers seat as he leaned his head back on the headrest of his reclined seat.

"So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused...is John B, who is...pretty much a homeless 16–year—old boy at the moment." JJ went on to explain.

"Thanks." John B sarcastically thanked JJ from the passenger side seat.

"Okay, man. Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option. What other option do you have?" JJ asked his friend who sat in the passengers side seat in the same position.

"Enough with the Mexico bullshit. Sarah will bail me out." John B said in a hopeful tone.

"She did witness the whole thing." I pointed out from my place in the back seat in between Pope and Kie.

"Thank you." John B thanked me for taking his side. "And she's gonna snitch on her brother?" Pope factually pointed out.

"Not happening, bro. Okay? We've gotta get you off the island." JJ claimed.

"The ferry. It's the only way." Pope agreed.

"Exit stage left while you still can. Before the entire island is on lockdown." JJ explained as he sat up in his seat.

"Guys, just get down." Kie warned the boy as we heard the sound of police sirens in the distance.

"Sarah's not a Pogue, John B." Pope reminded the brunette.

"Yeah. You can't stay here, man." JJ agreed.

After some time had passed by, John B and JJ switched seats with Pope and Kie while I remained in the middle of the two boys.

Pope drove us to the ferry and he was the only one to hop out of the car as to not draw suspicion when he bought a ticket for John B.

After a couple of minutes, Pope was hurriedly speed walked towards the car in a state of panic.

"So, um...okay, so, bad news. The ferry's closed, and there is this." Pope informed us as he held a flyer out in his hand and passed it to Kie through the open car window, before hopping into the car.

Kie looked at the flyer in shock and then handed the flyer to us and I grabbed it.

"What is that? What is this?" John B asked from his seat besides me.

JJ lifted his head from off of my shoulder and took the flyer from my hands and sarcastically stated, "Well, John B, uh... this is a good framer of you."

"Okay, so the whole island's lookin' for John B right now." Pope pointed out in panic.

"That's a lot of money." Kiara said in disbelief at the pricing on the reward.

"Congratulations, John B. You're famous." JJ sarcastically congratulated the brunette.

"Guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights..." I began to say, but got cut off by John B.