𝟏𝟔

Kie, Pope, and I sat around John B's front porch, anxiously waiting for JJ's return, some more than others. Hence, my bouncing leg and nail biting.

"Hey, Y/N. He's going to be okay, okay?" Kie said, attempting to reassure me as she placed a comforting hand on top of my knee.

I looked up at her with anger, but relaxed my face, because I remembered that it wasn't her fault that JJ was so stupid in making the decision of going to jail for Pope.

"Look, Y/N, I'm so sorry, alright? I never asked for him to come to my defense." Pope said, apologizing. My head snapped up at him and I exclaimed, "But he did!"

Pope and Kie flinched at the volume in my voice and I let out a deep sigh, before rubbing my face up and down with my hands, composing myself.

"I'm sorry, Pope. I know it's not your fault." I apologized with a small smile on my face in which,  he returned with a frown and a nod.

I turned around to scan the surrounding area once more when I heard the motor of an engine in the distance. JJ came into my line of vision when he appeared from behind some trees and drove up to us.

I stood up from my seat and walked over to him in annoyance and anger. "God, what were you thinking, JJ?!" I angrily asked him.

He stopped the motor bike and hopped off, before he took off his helmet. My face softened at the sight of his face. I gasped when I seen that his face was decorated with bruises, cuts, and blood from his father, I presumed. "Oh my god, JJ what happened? Who did this to you?" I worriedly asked him, as I softly took his face into my hands to examine it.

He got out of my grasp and bowed his head down in shame. I frowned at him and walked closer to him, grabbing his face in my hands once more.

"Hey, whatever happened we will figure it out." I said, reassuring him. "I can't allow you to help, Y/N. Not with this. It's too much." He said as he shook his head in my hands.

I sternly grabbed his face to stop the shaking of his head and looked into his deep blue eyes before stating, "When are you going to get it through your head..We're in this together."

He smiled down at me and lightly pushed my hands away from his face so that he could put his on my face and kissed me.

He kissed me in a slow and loving manner. He inched one of his hands to the back of my head and fisted a bit of my hair so that he could have control of my head.

We wanted this kiss to last an eternity, but it came to an end when I pulled away and said, "Now, let's get you patched up and ready. We have a party to attend."

The Pogues and I came up with a plan for the party. I was to attend the party as Kies plus one, Pope had to be there regardless, because he was one of the many cooks, and JJ and John B had to sneak in.

Kie and I were currently roaming the grounds of the party in our long summer dresses that looked way too ridiculous for our taste.

"Hey, look. Popes here." I pointed out our friend who had his back turned to us. "Let's go mess with him." Kie suggested. I smirked up at her and grabbed onto her wrist and took off running in Popes direction.

In our best English and formal accents, Kie asked, "Excuse me, sir. Do we have to shuck these ourselves?"

"It will certainly mess up our fashionable costumes." I added onto her statement with an equally as bad accent.

Pope turned around to look at us in annoyance, before realizing it was us and smiled wide. "We wouldn't want that now, would we?" He asked.

"That accent was bad." Pope said to us. "It was. I was gonna let it go." Kie agreed, causing an array of laughter to follow.

After Kie and Pope started to converse amongst themselves, I decided to scan the area in hope of spotting the mop of familiar, blonde, and messy hair and a pair of mesmerizing, blue eyes.

"Pope, have you seen JJ around?" I asked him. "No, I think he's coming later." He informed me. I gave him a small nod and decided to join in on their conversation.

'Let's see what this night brings.'

𝐈𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲, 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝟕𝟎𝟎 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐬. 𝐍𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫.

𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐭. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐭.