Twelve

It's been a month now since we left headquarters and moved in with Clint. Wanda and I have been training every single day. Spending hours in the gym, helping to build up each others strength in hand to hand combat.

After all the training I have put in with my suit, I am finally starting to feel comfortable using it. It feels like second nature.

Steve left for his mission with Bucky the day after he phoned me. Since that moment, all I've felt is anxiety. At first he continued to message me to update me on his progress but the last few days, he's not been replying to any calls or messages.

It's driving me insane. Not knowing what's going on or if he's okay is making me feel sick with concern. It's getting to the point where I'm considering talking to Wanda about it and asking her advice. I seriously don't know what I'm supposed to be doing in this situation.

I walk into the living room and take a seat on the sofa beside Wanda. She's watching tv and doesn't look up as I enter the room. I sit in silence for a few minutes, trying to convince myself that speaking to her is the right thing to do.

I decide to just take the plunge. I lean forward and pick the tv remote off the table. I turn it off. Wanda goes to snap at me but stops when she sees the serious look on my face.

"What's going on?" She asks nervously.

I don't say anything. Still unsure as to how to begin. "You're scaring me Andi. What's going on?"

"Okay" I take a deep breath and continue. "You know the mission Bucky went on after we moved here?" She nods her head. "Um okay, so Steve phoned me a few weeks ago and told me that Bucky wasn't updating them on the mission and had stopped replying to calls"

Wanda nervously bites her lip. I can tell that this is difficult for her to hear and I hate that I didn't tell her sooner. I just hope that she will understand where I was coming from and not hate me for this.

"Steve left to go after Bucky. Just wanting to make sure he was okay. I didn't think we had any reason to necessarily worry. I just thought that maybe Bucky was having issues with connection and stuff"

"But now?" She asks softly.

"But that changed when Steve stopped updating me. He hasn't contacted me in over a week."

I watch as Wanda takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry for not telling you sooner I just didn't want you to worry" I tell her.

She ignores my apology. "So what do we do now?" She asks.

"I was going to speak to Fury and suggest that I go after them. I can't just sit here and do nothing"

She looks like she's absorbing everything I have said to her. We sit in silence for a while. I just allow her time to come to terms with everything.

She finally starts to speak. "I'm coming too"

I'm not surprised that she said this. In fact I expected her to. I simply nod my head.

"We need to speak to fury" she tells me.

"We can phone him" I suggest. She nods her head.