Twenty-One

It was finally Christmas Eve and everyone was scrambling around getting ready for the evening. The girl's dorm in the Hufflepuff house was a complete train wreck. Susan had been crying all morning that Ernie Macmillan didn't ask her to the Yule Ball. Instead he asked Hannah who had been gloating all week about it, granted she didn't know Susan was upset.

Susan had locked herself in one of the stalls in the bathroom with Maddie standing outside of it for at least an hour now. Maddie would knock every so often trying to get her out but Susan was too embarrassed. Maddie had to call in reinforcements.

Caroline came into the bathroom hearing Susan's wailing behind the door. Maddie gave her a look of help and pointed towards the door. Caroline walked to the door and banged on it a few times.

"Susan get out of the stall!" She exclaimed, Susan jumped at her voice opening the door slowly. Her eyes were blood shot and her face very puffy. Tears continued to stream down her face and she hiccuped every so often.

She took a tissue to her nose and blew, Maddie winced. She hated when people blew their noses. "I can't go." She sobbed leaning against the stall, "why aren't I good enough for anyone?" She questioned looking up at the girls.

Caroline frowned relating too much to the Hufflepuff, "just because he can't see that doesn't mean you aren't." She said Susan's face soften looking at the Slytherin.

"You think I'm good enough?" She asked quietly both girls nodded.

"A stupid boy doesn't determine your worth." Caroline told her making Susan smile.

"Fuck Ernie." Susan whispered making Maddie and Caroline laugh. They had never heard Susan swear, Maddie didn't even think it was possible.

"Yeah! Say it louder!" Caroline coaxed.

Maddie laughed, "fuck Ernie Macmillan!" Susan yelled earning weird stares from the other girls in the bathroom but she didn't care. "You guys try it's so nice!" She exclaimed.

Caroline nodded, "fuck Blaise Zabini!" She yelled making Susan smile wider. Caroline turned to Maddie with a smirk, "you're up." Maddie shook her head, "oh c'mon you know you want to say it."

Maddie not her lip, "fuck Fred Weasley." She said quietly.

"Louder." Caroline said.

Maddie put her head back before yelling, "fuck Fred Weasley!" Caroline laughed as Susan stood there confused but laughing anyways.

"Fred?" She questioned confused.

Caroline shrugged, "long story." Susan nodded still not entirely understanding.

The girls walked out of the bathroom with Susan who was dapping at her eyes. She didn't want Hannah to see her crying. As they turned the corner Justin Finch-Fletchley was coming up the stairs. He looked at Susan with a smile, "hey Susan I know this is last minute but would want to be my date tonight?" He asked nervously Susan's face lit up.

"Really? Me? You want to go with me?" She asked excitedly while he nodded smiling, "yeah I'll be your date."

"Awesome I'll see you later then?" He asked she nodded, he quickly went in to kiss her cheek and waved goodbye before walking away. Susan turned to the girls swooning.

"I can't believe that just happened." She said in disbelief Caroline nodded in agreement. Maddie just smiled happy for Susan. "I need write to my parents!" She squealed running off.

Caroline turned to Maddie, "was that progress?" She question Maddie shrugged. "Where's Ced? I have your Christmas gifts." She said.

"I'm not sure." Maddie answered walking off to where Cedric's dorm was. Caroline followed closely looking around the different rooms for him. They opened the door to the boys dorm. The two girls walked into the room seeing a sight they didn't want to see.