Two

Maddie, Cedric, and Caroline walked out from the train together into Hogwarts

Maddie, Cedric, and Caroline walked out from the train together into Hogwarts. It still had that musty old castle smell they remembered so well. Every time they walked back in the school they were in awe of it as if it was the very first time. The artwork on the walls to the carefully carved stone that the walls were made out of never seemed to get old.

"Right to the Great Hall children." Filch said directing everyone with his sidekick Mrs. Norris.

"That damn cat." Caroline muttered as it meowed.

"C'mon its a little cutie, imagine waking up with her purring in your face." Cedric smirked while Caroline shuttered in fear.

Caroline caught sight of her boyfriend of only a few months, Blaise Zabini another Slytherin. He smiled and waved at her to go over with the other Slytherins. She turned towards her two Hufflepuff best friends, "I will see you guys later." She waved finding her way to her housemates. Maddie and Cedric gathered with the other Hufflepuffs as they all scurried into the Great Hall to their table.

The first look at the Great Hall was always something Maddie looked forward to. It was such a breathtaking room that everyone loved. It was so full of magic and reminded her of the world she comes from. The lit candles floated at the top of the ceiling by themselves. The ceiling a beautiful projection of the night sky that Maddie missed so much when she leaves Hogwarts. Something about this room made her feel safe.

Maddie found herself sandwiched between two other Hufflepuffs and Cedric sitting across from her. Susan Bones turned to the girl with a big smile on her face, "I heard there's a big surprise this year!" Maddie had no idea what Susan could have been talking about, surely Hogwarts had something up their sleeve.

"Oh really? What is it?" Maddie asked Susan who just shrugged in response. "Just came around the rumor mill." She said turning back towards other students. Cedric sat confused expecting more than the answer they got.

As more students filled into the Great Hall, Maddie's eyes caught a long haired Ginger walking to his table. She was still so embarrassed from the encounter on the train. He nonchalantly sat at the Gryffindor table right next to his twin brother George Weasley. Probably discussing their first prank of the year. Fred looked up seeing Maddie looking at him, Maddie hadn't even realized she had been staring. Being kind, Fred smiled at her.

Completely horrified Maddie turned her head around as her face turned a shade of bright red. Blimey, will you stop embarrassing yourself!

The sorting ceremony for the first years started and every time someone was put into Hufflepuff Maddie happily clapped. Happily distracting herself from another awkward encounter with the Weasley twin. Dumbledore moved from his place from his seat to the front of the students.

"Now that we are all settled in and sorted I would like to make an announcement," Dumbledore's voice boomed through the hall. The door opened making a creaking noise and no one other than Filch appeared. "This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests this year." He continued on.