Sixteen

Caroline sat in the astronomy tower, her legs dangling off the edge as she leaned against the railings. She watched as the people below her smile and laugh. The sounds of giggles traveling through her ears made her want to snap all of them with one spell. 

"Room for two others?" Caroline turned around seeing Maddie and Cedric standing by the entrance, she nodded. The pair walked closer to the edge and held onto the railing letting their legs dangle the same way Caroline's were. 

Caroline wiped her tears away and sniffled slightly not wanting to cry in front of her friends. Cedric looked over at her putting his arm around her shoulders. Maddie sat there thinking of every way she could possibly break every bone in Blaise Zabini's body. 

"I never liked him." Cedric muttered, Maddie whacked his arm but Caroline laughed, "Ow! Watch it!" He exclaimed laughing. 

Maddie gave him a dirty look, "this isn't the time to share your opinions Ced." She tried to explain but he shook his head. 

Caroline looked between her friends with a small sad smile, "I wish he would've just broken up with me." Her smile soon fell leaning closer over the edge, "and to be with Weasel? Someone up there must really hate me." She said looking up at the sky, she then looked down at the ground, "or someone down there." 

Maddie sighed, "I'm sure Ron didn't tell anyone besides me." Caroline gave her a look as if she was stupid. Maddie nodded, "well nobody will say it to your face." 

She groaned, "I am such an idiot!" She exclaimed getting up from her seat, Maddie and Cedric following her actions. They both coaxed her away from the ledge, just in case she thought she could fly. 

"He's the idiot." Maddie corrected. 

Caroline nodded, "I think I'm going to go back to my dorm, make a Katie Bell voodoo doll." She said in a dull tone. 

"You can't give him that satisfaction." Cedric said, "let's go do something."

Caroline shook her head, "I'll burn the other side of your face if you stop me from being alone." 

Cedric put his hands up in defense letting the girl walk away. Maddie tried to run after her but Cedric held her back shaking his head, "just let her have her moment." Maddie nodded watching Caroline dodge past everyone in the corridors as they walked to the courtyard. 

As they walked down the corridor engaged in their conversation on how exactly they would make Zabini pay for breaking their friend's heart Cedric bumped into another student. Dropping his books, Cedric apologized grabbing them. Maddie awkwardly watched as George Weasley quickly tried to grab his belongings from Cedric. 

Cedric's eyes rested on a white envelope on the ground with a name scribbled on it, George's eyes widened. He quickly grabbed the envelope from the ground, Cedric looked at the boy with a confused expression. 

"Letter from mum, you know how they are right guys?" He laughed but his laughter stopped once he looked over at Maddie, "I am so sorry." He said in horror of his own words. 

Maddie shook her head, "oh no it's okay." She let out a breathy chuckle. 

"No I'm an asshole-"

Cedric stopped him, "dude you're making it worse." George nodded agreeing with him, he looked behind him seeing Fred walking towards him. His eyes shot open in panic as the twin walked closer. 

"Hey George you find the- oh hey Cedric." Fred awkwardly smiled, "Maddie." He acknowledged looking away.

"H-hi Fred." She stuttered her face turning a bright shade of red hoping nobody noticed. Of course Cedric who had been on high alert gave her a weird look. She looked away from him. 

The group all awkwardly stood there not knowing what to do. None of them wanted to speak first. Fred looked over at Maddie but looked away, she looked at him admiring his long hair, she liked it. 

"What are you all doing?" Their attention turned to Parker who was coming down the corridor. They all began to shuffle in their spots as they said hi to Maddie's brother. 

"That's our cue, let's go Maddie." Cedric said linking their arms and walking off, Maddie turned to wave goodbye to her brother who nodded it response. She took one last glance at Fred and he waved goodbye. 

Parker raised his eyebrow at Fred, Fred looked at his waving hand, "down boy." He joked putting his hand down. George looked at his brother as if he was crazy but Parker laughed. 

"I was actually wondering if I could talk to you guys about my sister." Parker said, "I know what's going on." 

The boys looked at each other, "what is going on?" George asked. 

Parker smirked, "don't be daft I know about the notes." Fred's face fell looking at George who had a similar expression, "listen I'm cool with it." 

A smile crossed Fred's face, "you are?" He asked lighting up. 

Parker nodded, "yeah George is a great guy for Maddie." Fred's face fell.

"George? George? As in me George?" He asked looking around for another person named George near by. 

"Him?" Fred asked more forcefully. 

Parker nodded again confused, "yeah him and if it was you I'd kill you but George I trust you with her, so if you wanted to ask her to the Yule Ball you have my blessing." He said happily. "Well I got to get going, see you later." 

Once he was out of view Fred pulled his brother into a quiet stairwell with nobody around. Anger fuming in his eyes and George could tell. George quickly put his hands up surrendering whatever Fred had up his sleeve. 

"How could this happen? How George?" Fred pressed while George shook his head. 

"I'm just as shocked as you!" He exclaimed, "I'm not going to ask her-"

"Oh yes you are!" Fred yelled making George confused, "you need to ask her now," He took the note out of George's book and ripped it up, throwing it off the stairs. "I'll figure out a plan." Fred said walking down the stairs leaving George there confused. 

"I'll figure out a plan." Fred whispered making himself a promise he was determined to fulfill. 

a/n ahh this story just hit 3k after hitting 2k only hours ago, thank you so much! I appreciate you all.