Chapter Seventeen- Wake up knock.

Start from the beginning

Dasher: "Later Sunshine."

He leaves. She goes to the kitchen and comes back out with a baggie of ice.

Trevin: "I'm ok, Sweetheart."

Serenity: "He shouldn't have hit you."

Trevin: "He is your dad. I'm his best friend."

Serenity: "Still, he shouldn't have hit you."

Trevin: "Why didn't you ever tell him?"

Serenity: "I tired. He said Luke was all they needed."

Trevin: "Do you feel that way?"

Serenity: "You know that I don't."

Trevin: "This could cause major issues for you."

Serenity: "He accepted my relationship with Bridgette and Luke. I don't understand why he has an issue with you."

Trevin: "I am well was his best friend. I'm also older than you."

Serenity: "That doesn't bother me."

This is something that I didn't think about. I'm twenty years older than her. I'll be seventy when my children are twenty.

I'm not bragging at all. I look good for my age; I've always taken care of myself. This is something that should have been talked about before any of this happened. It's too late now. I love her; she's having my babies. I'll deal with Dasher.

Serenity: "Can we lay back down for a while?"

Trevin: "Absolutely."

We head back upstairs. I lay down with her. I wait until I know she's asleep. I quietly get out of bed. I take a quick shower in the other bathroom and head to my house to get my car.

I make my way across town. This may turn out to be a disaster, but I'm doing it anyway. I pull into the driveway, sit, and stare for a minute before I get out. I knock on the door. I know I'm taking a chance. I have to for her. I have to for my babies, the door opens.

Dasher: "Go away, Trevin."

Trevin: "We need to talk. I'll tell you everything. I just need you to listen."

He steps back and lets me in. He leads me to his study, which makes me nervous because that's where he keeps his guns.

He sits on the couch. I find a chair; he stares at me.

Dasher: "You didn't come here to listen to me breath."

Trevin: "No, I didn't."

Dasher: "The babies belong to you, don't they?"

Trevin: "Yes."

Dasher: "How long has it been going on?"

Trevin: "We were together for a month. Then it ended."

I tell him every sordid detail.

Everything.

I figured being honest was the best way to go. I'll deal with whatever the outcome is. Once I'm done, he sits silently for a while.