XII: Akame's Dead

"Akame's....dead?" Milluki asked.

The Zoldycks are now in their dining room having their dinner. Illumi had just told them about what happened in his mission. All of them were surprisingly shocked at hearing Akame's death. Especially the butlers that were in the corner.

"Yes," Illumi lied, "We were ambushed at my target's house. I left her to deal with the guards before killing my target and when I came back, she was already dead."

"That's...sad," Kalluto sighed.

Kikyo frowned at her son's reaction. "Why Kalluto? Have you grown attached to her?"

Illumi frowned as well as he heard this.

Kalluto was startled. "No mother! I was just...I just felt that her death was a waste since her ability was useful."

"That's right. I wonder if the abilities she passed were also gone along with her," Milluki wondered.

"Still works fine." Zeno suddenly spoke.

"What? How did you know Grandpa?"

"I have just frozen the time for 5 minutes. I also put Kikyo's hat on to Kalluto."

Kikyo was shocked to see that her hat was no longer on her head. And Kalluto was more shocked to see that it was already on his. He gave it back to his mother and looked at his grandfather.

"I never knew you took abilities from Akame too Grandfather"

"Well, I won't let you guys have all the privilege of using her ability. I'm not gonna lie, I see some interesting abilities from my targets too. I'm sure Silva has too."

Everyone looked at Silva, except for Illumi who was only staring at his food but his mind was elsewhere.

"Yeah, I did. It was really a waste having her die."

"Well, that just means she's weak and not fit to be a butler." Kikyo dismissed. "Besides, her ability was Illumi's idea. Maybe we could appoint other Specialist butlers to acquire it, right Illu?"

Illumi didn't hear his mother talking to him. He was too overwhelmed at everything he heard.

"Illu-nii?" Milluki waved his hand in front of him since he was sitting beside him.

It caught Illumi's attention so he looked up. "A-ah, what is it?"

"Mama was asking you a question."

"What is it, mom?"

"Nothing, I was just saying that you were the one who suggested that ability to her. Maybe we could appoint other butlers to do it."

"Ah, yeah...maybe." He nodded then looked at his father. "Dad, do I have another mission?"

"You want to go on a mission again?" he asked, Illumi nodded. "Well, there are no new missions yet, but there is a stack of low-priority missions from my office, do you want that?"

"I'll take it"

"Ok. Anyway, Milluki have you already done a background check on all of our butlers. I don't want the same situation with the Akin to happen again."

"Yes papa"

They started discussing the Akin incident and already forgot about Akame's death. The butlers fixed their table as they finished eating and went to their own rooms.

Amane, who was also there at the dining area, rushed to her grandmother's room to deliver the news.

"Grandma, Akame is dead!"