Ignition

I open my eyes, and look around, trying to figure out where I am.  It is immediately obvious that I am in a room in the NASA compound.  The walls are painted a light gray, and Mr. Nostra is sitting in a chair in the corner.  I move my hand to my back, to feel my wound.  The test suit has dripped into my wound, and has molded to the hole.  My wound will be fine, but when I remove the suit I will have a hole there.  My wound is sore, but that is the least of my worries right now.

 Mr. Nostra asks me if I want to continue the mission, and I say yes immediately.  He tells me that if I chose not to continue that Ava will be appointed as the new captain.  He also tells me that if I do not wish to continue that I will have to be killed.  He doesn’t seem very distraught over the thought of having to kill me, and that is worrying.  I once again reassure him that I want to stay with the mission, and he says okay. 

Mr. Nostra hands me my guns, and I slip them into my holster.  I follow Mr. Nostra out of the room, and into a conference room.  Inside the room is Olivia, Ava, Ryan, Mark, Alex, Lucas, and Ally.  We are then led out of the room, and to an elevator. We go up to the top, and then exit.  We walk down a hallway, and into the jail cell.  In the back of the cell is Mike, and his three helpers.  We are assigned to our people.  There will be one agent, one scientist, and one prisoner in each group.  Mark and Ava are assigned to Mark, Alex and Olivia are given Steve, Ryan and Ally have Ian, who was Mike’s right hand man, which leaves Lucas and myself Scott.

  I walk over, and stand next to Scott.  I place my hand on his back, and lead him from the room.  We walk across a bridge, and head to the spaceship.  We turn before entering the ship, and enter a small room.  The four prisoners are fitted for their spacesuits.  They have regular suits, because they cannot be trusted with test suits.  Once they all have their suits, we leave the building and walk to the spaceship.

 We walk into the ship, and sit down at our seats.  In the first row is Ava, Olivia, Ryan, and myself.  In the second row is Ian and Scott.  The row behind that is Ally and Lucas.  Behind them is Steve and Mike.  The last row is Mark and Alex.  This gives us maximum security on the ship.  The transmitter television on the dash turns on, and we see ground control.  We see many people with the NASA logo on their shirts.  Mr. Nostra is there too, and whishes us luck.  We strap on the seatbelts, and Ava opens a box that is beneath her seat.  She pulls out eight earpieces, and hands them to the NASA and FBI agents.

 We turn the earpieces on, and listen to Mr. Nostra.  He tells us that it is voice activated and that we can talk to anyone on ground control, and anyone on our team.  He tells us that we are a go for takeoff.  I flip the switch to turn it on, and turn the autopilot on.  This will stay on the entire time that we are on the ship.  I count down from three down to one, and push on more button.  We take off, and I grab Olivia and Ryan’s hands.  We surge up as we leave the ground.  The pressure keeps me pressed to my seat, and I cannot move.  I am held there for a few moments, and the cabin heats up.  I see flames licking the sides of our craft as we continue to surge up.  We burst out of the atmosphere and the cabin starts to cool down again.

  I unlatch my seatbelt, and float around the cabin.  Ryan, Ava, and Olivia unlatch their seatbelts as well, and float around the cabin.  The agents stay in their seats, so that they can watch the prisoners.  I fly over to a window on the side of the ship, and then continue to explore.  Around twenty minutes later, I have explored the entire ship, and am back by the seats.  I look out at the window, and see the Earth getting smaller and smaller.  We will be there tomorrow, so we only have to sleep on the ship for one day.  I push off of the wall, and fly back over to my group.  I volunteer to get dinner, and fly over to the freezer.