Rainy Night (Levi x Reader)

Start from the beginning

Your brow furrowed in concern. "But you'll catch a cold like this!"

"Tch. Stop nagging me," Levi hissed, starting to turn away from you. However, his tone lacked its normal bite. "I just wanted to cool off for a while, so don't worry about it."

Although it was probably a terrible idea, you reached out and placed a hand on his arm. "You really should go inside –"

Smack.

Before you could even blink, Levi had slapped your hand away. You let it hang there, between the two of you, because the look in his eyes left you too stunned to move. Beneath the raindrops that streaked down his face...Levi was crying.

His red-rimmed gaze held your own for just a moment before falling to the ground. "...I hate rainy nights," he mumbled quietly.

Your heart wrenched. There it was – all that pain that you had suspected was bottled-up deep inside him – overflowing to the point where it cracked his stoic mask. And although he had already rejected you once, you lunged for him anyway, wrapping him in a tight hug.

The umbrella fell to the ground, forgotten.

"I'm sorry," you rasped, the sight of Levi's pain having caused your own throat to constrict. "But just for now...please grant me permission to touch you, sir."

At first, Levi went rigid, and you thought he might push you away. But once you spoke those words, with such earnestness and compassion, something snapped inside him. His hands gripped you tightly, fingers digging into your shirt. A small, broken sound escaped his throat.

And then he was sobbing, clutching you like a lifeline while he released all of his heartache into the crook of your neck. You met him there, holding him as desperately as he held you, giving him assurance that you wouldn't let go. And you almost couldn't believe it. After years of keeping every single emotion hidden, he was allowing you to be the shoulder that he finally cried on.

The rain was cold, but your shared body heat kept you just warm enough for the several minutes that you remained outside. Yet, you didn't mind the chill. You only wanted to be there for Levi when he needed you.

Once he was finished, you guided him back inside with an arm around his waist – bringing the umbrella, for all the good it did you. The two of you left small puddles behind as you trekked through the castle to your bedrooms, which happened to be right next to each other. There, you separated from Levi for only a minute, intending to quickly dry off and then see what else you could do for him.

As soon as you were alone, you realized how truly cold you felt. Shivering, you stripped out of your soaked clothes before toweling off. Then you grabbed the pajamas you'd had on earlier – a (f/c) satin tank top with matching shorts. After sliding your feet into your slippers, you were good to go.

You knocked on Levi's door, but received no reply. Pursing your lips, you knocked again before cracking the door open. "Captain? It's me. May I come in?"

Still no answer.

Feeling a bit worried now, you pushed the door open all the way, your eyes scanning the room for any sign of him. However, they didn't have to search for long. Levi was standing in the middle of the space, still soaking wet, having removed his shoes but nothing else. His eyes were once again downcast and empty.

"Levi!" you gasped, forgetting propriety as you rushed inside, absentmindedly shutting the door behind you. "You have to get out of those clothes. You'll catch worse than a cold if you stay like that."

He didn't even look up.

You bit your lip, worrying at it for a second before coming to a decision. "Sir, if you won't do it yourself, I'll have to change your clothes for you."