Chapter Seven

"Ack!" Daliyah sprang away from Altair and turned to face her older brother.

The man facing her was glaring at Altair, his clenched teeth bared in a show of white. "Who is this?" he growled.

"A stranger," Daliyah admitted softly.

"A stranger?" He repeated, anger evident. "That seems a lot to be doing with a stranger."

Altair bowed low in a show of respect, but he did not say anything. Instead he offered Daliyah an apologetic glance and left, taking to the rooftops as always. With nothing else to do, Daliyah sighed and went to work on explaining and calming her protective sibling.

"You don't know what king of man he could be," said her brother. They had walked back into the household.

Daliyah laid across her mattress on her back. The black, feather-shaped specks on the ceiling reminded her of the man she had so strangely and easily came to adore. She sighed, and said, "Neither do you, akh."

A growl flowed from his lips. "I am not the one who was putting my lips to his."

He's losing his bearings, Daliyah thought. "Calm yourself, akh. I will get to know him."

"And how do you know if you can trust him? Those robes. Those weapons." Realization dawned on him. "He's an Assassin..."

Daliyah froze where she stood. Of course. She had been so busy thinking about his personality and habits that she'd completely overlooked how he'd looked. She had just figured he had found a simple fault with the guards, but it was more than that. He was an Assassin.

She opened her mouth to speak, but her brother's voice rang out clear before any words could form.

"You are not allowed to meet with him; he is dangerous."

A sudden indignation bloomed in Daliyah's stomach, and she found that she had curled her hands into fists. Her brother was being over protective. You have no say in whom I choose to meet with."

Her brother's nostrils flared. "I do when he is a threat to the family! He's a threat to you!"

Daliyah spun around, turning her back on her brother.

"Don't you dare turn your back on me!" he yelled.

She didn't glance back.

She didn't even pause.

--
--
A/N: another short chapter. I am sooo sorry T^T gomen ne