Corona Virus Conspiracies.

I believe that this is an important subject right now when vaccinations are ongoing. I thank @suvachana for suggesting this.

First of all, I want to discuss all of the most ridiculous conspiracy theories about Covid-19, the virus that's responsible for the pandemic that has killed over a half million Americans and millions more around the world.

People, including several notable politicians, tried to downplay the pandemic by claiming that it was not any worse than the flu. Seasonal flu, even with a flu vaccine, kills anywhere from twelve thousand to thirty-six thousand Americans every year. This virus has killed 18,000 people in Ohio, my state. This would be like what a normal flu season would kill in the entire United States. This Covid-19 virus has resulted in twenty-years-worth of flu deaths. The question is, why is it more infectious and deadly.

Flu like viruses, including the Corona-like variety have been around for billions of years in animals. Bats are one species that harbor these viruses, and they can transfer them to animals by biting. Animals can transfer them to humans. Viruses mutate by genetic changes brought on by screw ups in their replication. This genetic variation upon reproduction is the reason for evolution and it's how we got to be the dominant species on this planet.

A Corona-like virus is an RNA fragment encased in a lipid sac, which is called a capsid. The outside of corona virus has club-like spikes with proteins on them, which have membrane binding and fusion properties. These spike proteins are how the virus latches onto a cell and then infects it by fusing with a cell's outer surface and then injecting the RNA fragment into the cell's nucleus to use the cell reproductive system to create new viruses, which then break out of the cell, destroying it. This is a very complicated process, but it's how the Corona virus causes damage to cells, especially in the lungs. The main method that the virus uses to get inside a cell is by utilizing ACE2 (angiotensin-converting enzyme 2). It's an enzyme (a protein that acts as a biological catalysis that accelerate chemical reactions) attached to the membranes of cells in the lungs, arteries, heart, kidney and intestines. This is the main reason that Covid-19 attacks those organs because it's where these ACE2 utilizing cells are.

Like most life forms on this planet, viruses have evolved to infect animals and humans in a very efficient manner, and they've been around for a lot longer than we have. The Covid-19 SARS like virus has mutated into several variants that are even more infectious and deadly. It's what viruses do.

One of the most ridiculous theories is that facial masks don't work. They worked back during the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. The reason why a mask works is because the most efficacious method that the virus uses to infect others is by having the infected person cough or sneeze, which spreads tiny droplets containing the virus that other people breath in and become infected. A mask prevents to a certain extend this transmission of droplets through the air. The reason that doubters give is that even with mask wearing, the infections continue. The reason for that is that infected asymptomatic people are transmitting the virus without realizing it. This is also the reason that social distending works to prevent the spread.

Another reason that people give for not being concerned about this virus is that they claim they never get the flu. The reason for that is that we humans have a certain number of antibodies against the common flu. However, we didn't have any immunity against this Covid-19 virus. That's how a pandemic gets going. It attacks a lot of people before anyone realizes what's going on. Keep in mind that viruses have been around a lot longer than we have. They are very efficient in infecting us.

Covid-19 came from a Wuhan lab. That's been officially debunked. It's believed that Covid-19 originated in bats and that it was transferred to animals by biting, animals that are used as food in China. Experts believe that the virus transferred to humans in Wuhan wild animal meat markets. Eventually, the theory that it came from a lab will eventually be proven wrong by forensic science.