Ch.12 Face-slapping Begins by Cancelling the Adoptive Mother's Card (1)

Ye Fan’s heart melted the instant she heard the sad tone of Dudu’s sweet voice on the phone. She couldn’t wait to hurry back home as soon as she got out.

Ye Fan keyed in the password to her door and a beep sounded. Then came the voice of a baby from the house.

“Mommy’s here!”

Ye Fan heard the pitter-patter of his slippers and saw the chubby little thing rush over to her as soon as she opened the door, hugging her thigh.

He raised his hands up and jumped up and down.

“Yay, mommy’s home!”

With a smile, Ye Fan leaned down to pick up the sweet baby into her arms and kissed him many times.

“Did you miss me, baby?”

The little baby Ye Duo was anxious to answer. “Yea!”

He was afraid that Ye Fan would not believe it and made several gestures in the air, drawing a huge circle.

“I miss mommy this much!”

Ye Fan hugged him and added on a few more kisses. She felt herself lamenting every time she saw Dudu. Where on earth did this cute little chubby baby come from?

While holding Dudu, her sleeve slipped down a little, revealing the small wounds on her arm. Even if the cuts weren’t deep, the many horizontal and vertical lines were still a shocking sight.

When Dudu saw this, he pursed his lips immediately and tears began to flow down his pudgy chin. “Mommy got an ouchie, I’ll blow on it.”

The nanny who was standing at the side was also shocked. “Shouldn’t we apply some medicine quickly?”

Ever since Nanny Li came back from home, she found that Ye Fan had changed a lot, but was also much more gentle than before. She also began to show loving care for the child she had always been displeased with.

After interacting with Ye Fan for some time, Nanny Li’s impression of her gradually changed and she began to feel pity for this single mother who had to raise her child on her own.

Ye Fan did not want her baby to see this, but she didn’t expect this to happen. Dudu who was standing in front of her was still crying in distress.

Ye Fan hid the wounds on her hand and picked up Dudu. Then, she turned to Nanny Li. “Aunt Li, could I trouble you to bring the first aid kit into the room?”

Nanny Li agreed and went to grab the kit from the drawer in the living room.

Then, Ye Fan carried Dudu back to the room.

Dudu carefully hugged Ye Fan’s neck and said, “Mommy, put me down, I’m heavy.”

Ye Fan laughed. She put Dudu down on the floor and the two of them went in together.

Ye Fan dealt with her injuries herself, and though it was painful, she did not show it on her face. On the other hand, Dudu had his mouth pouted like he was facing a great enemy and gently blew on her wounds.

When Ye Fan saw the look of concentration on Dudu’s face, she couldn’t help but ruffle his hair, not stopping until his hair had turned into a mess.

Dudu looked at Ye Fan blankly while his tears pooled under his eyes. He couldn’t figure out what just happened.

After tucking Dudu in bed and coaxing him to sleep, Ye Fan began her own work. She took out her phone and checked out her messages for today.

When she came to the newest notification, Ye Fan frowned.

The message told her that a sum of money had just been withdrawn from her account.

Ye Fan could not understand where the money could go to, so she turned on her computer to check out the details.

Only then did she remember that the original Ye Fan would give Nie Weiru money every single month through an automatic transfer. A sum of money would be allocated to her at the start of every month.

Nie Weiru was the very person who formulated the plan to swap Ye Fan and Tang Jin. However, she did not throw Ye Fan into the orphanage, and instead took her home.

The original Ye Fan had not received much attention from her since she was young. Nie Weiru never liked her to begin with and made her do all sorts of things with the excuse that she was her mother.

Ye Fan longed for affection and never could figure out why Nie Weiru would treat her this way.

When she got pregnant, she did not dare to speak about it to Nie Weiru at all, for fear that she would disappoint her. So, she found an excuse to leave home and gave birth to the child outside.

This is why Dudu’s existence had never been found out by Nie Weiru.

However, the transmigrated Ye Fan was not as well-tempered. She logged into her computer and got rid of the automatic transfer.