45

Park Jimin's POV

After the incident a month ago with Seulgi, I never left my room unlocked anymore. I would always make sure the door is locked even though I just left to get a drink downstairs. I did not want to have another quarrel with Chaeyoung because of Seulgi.

"Please don't chase me away, Chae.", I said before I drove to her father's house this morning.

Usually she is not working on Sunday so I was hoping to see her at my father-in-law's house. I cannot go to the hospital anymore to see her because she has told the security guards to not allow me any near her department since the incident with Seulgi. It was a bit cruel to me to be treated this way but I took it as a trial in our relationship.

When I arrived at the house, the security guard told me to leave after knowing who I am. I refused to go and saw Chaeyoung at the veranda on their second floor from her room. I shouted for her name but she ignored me and went inside her room.

Not long after that, my phone rang and I saw Chaeyoung's name on the screen.

"Chae.."

"What are you doing here, Jimin?"

"I...I come here to see you."

"I told you not to meet me. Did you forget that?"

"I know but..."

"What is Seulgi unnie doing right now?"

"She's with Dr Bae for her therapy until 11.."

"You better go home now.."

"But she's not at home. Can't I see you for a while, Rosie?", I tried my best to make her agree to see me.

"Jimin, go home. Do as I say. Be her friend. Be someone that understands her. Give her the support she needs. And please...don't put our photo anywhere that she can see. You'll hurt her..", I could hear how hurt Chaeyoung's voice is. I knew she was holding in her own tears. I was fighting my own tears too.

"Chae, I admit...I can't help her much. I can't...be the person she thought she could rely on. Not anymore and you know why I can't.", I replied as I leaned against the hood of my car while still looking at the empty veranda.

Chaeyoung was not responding to me after what I said. I called her name and continued talking, "Please let me see you, touch you, hug you just for a while. I will go back home and try to help Seulgi after that. Please..."

I shed a tear before I heard Chaeyoung's voice on the other end, "No, Jimin. I can't risk it anymore. Seulgi unnie got cuts on herself after breaking our photo frames. What if she finds out you come here to see me? What if she runs away from our house? Have you think about that?"

"Then, what about us? Have you think about us? You made me do things I don't want to do, Chae. I did it. I tried my best to do it. But, you avoiding me like this...why, Chae? Why can't we just act normal even though we have to live separately?", I replied without caring about my tears on my face.

"Because if we do act like nothing happened, we will get carried away...like last time and maybe we could hurt Seulgi unnie more. I love her, Jimin. She's my family and I don't want to lose her again. Can you please...bear with her for a bit more? Can we stop communicating until she's really alright?", I shook my head to everything she asked. "Jimin, I ask of you...please do this for me. If you love me...please focus on Seulgi unnie for now. Give your attention to her. When she's all better, I promise you...I will be the one to tell her about us. Everything about us. Please, Jimin..", I looked down on the ground listening to her asking me to do this hard request.