34

Park Jimin's POV

I was taking out my cookies from the oven when Chaeyoung came to the kitchen holding a box of pizza. I quickly hid my tray of chocolate cookies under the metal lid on the kitchen island. I did not want her to see the result of my homemade cookies yet.

"Yah, why are you hiding them? They're done, right?", Chaeyoung asked as she put the pizza box beside the lid.

"Yup, but I don't want you to see them yet. It's for later when we play the board game.", I replied with a grin.

Today, my plan was quite simple. I just wanted her to chill and relax with the board games that I bought online. So, I told her earlier in the morning that she did not have to cook or do any chores for the day. I will do everything even though she argued with me about cooking.

When I said that I wanted to try to bake cookies following her recipe, she gave in and let me enjoy my time alone in the kitchen. She was sulking with me but I managed to comfort her to use my black card to buy anything she wants. And guess what she bought using that card...a box of Hawaiian pizza with a Pepsi and some side dishes.

"Hmmm....smells nice. Can't I just take a peek at it?", she asked with a pout as her hand reached the edge of the lid.

"Nuh-uh. Chaeyoung, be patient.", I lifted her hand and put it on the box next to the lid. "We eat the pizza first, okay?", I said as I walked to her side and teased her by trying to carry her up to the living room.

She tends to get nervous with it so she easily listened to me and ran away to the living room by herself. I chuckled while looking at her leaving me behind with the pizza on the kitchen island.

🥀🥀🥀

Park Chaeyoung's POV

We already had the third board game after our lunch in the living room. We played scrabble and Go-Stop where I lost to Jimin in both of them. Right now, it is my time to take the win. My forte, chess.

"Hmm...this cookie is tasty.", I blurted out as I took my first bite of the chocolate cookie that Jimin baked a while ago.

"Chae, don't interrupt me thinking..", Jimin replied as he is thinking of his next move while I went to the kitchen to bring some of the cookies here.

We almost forgot about the cookies actually. We were full after eating the pizza. Then, we proceeded to play the games without a pause. Only after the two games were finished, we remembered about the cookies so I brought them here to eat while playing chess.

"I didn't. I just said the cookie is tasty.", I repeated on purpose of interrupting him.

"That's also indirectly complimenting me. I'm the one who baked them.", I chuckled as he sounded proud of himself for successfully baked the cookies using my recipe.

"They're soooo good, Jimin. You should try a bite.", I purposely said as I took another piece of the cookie and bite it with a loud sound of cracking in my mouth.

I smiled as I saw how distracted Jimin's face was as he lifted his black pawn from the chessboard. He seemed helpless, he knew he was going to lose this.

"I'll be honest...I give up.", he spoke to me as he sighed in defeat.

I raised my hands up when he said that and I cheered a loud 'yes' for the win I got.

"This is boring. You tell me how I can make a move when every move I make only bring me to lose? I got to admit, I am not an expert in this game. It's fine. You win, I'm fine with it.", I booed him as he tried to explain for his defeat.