[44] renhyuck ; birthday journey

TITLE: birthday journey
GENRE: fluff
PAIRING: haechan x renjun

SUMMARY: donghyuck goes on a scavenger hunt-style journey on his birthday, thanks to renjun.
-

Donghyuck wakes up a bit late in the morning, unaware of what today is. All the members have their day off today, and he stayed up playing computer games last night.

He gets up, stretching his arms and legs. As he stood up from his bed, he was greeted by Johnny who is smiling widely at him.

"Good morning, Haechan!" the older greets.

Donghyuck frowns, looking at his roommate confusedly. "Morning, Hyung. You seem happy today. Why is that?"

"Don't you know what day it is today? It's so special, it's all over the social medias!"

He slowly shakes his head, still furrowing his eyebrows. "No."

"Well, I have something to give you—I mean, someone has something to give you, he just ordered me to give it to you." Still confused, Donghyuck watches the older get something from the pocket of his shorts. A floral scented paper. "Here!"

He reluctantly takes the paper from Johnny. "Who's this from?"

"You'll know when you open it."

He lets out a sigh before opening the paper. He widen his eyes. "Wait, today's my birthday?" Johnny happily nods. "Shit, I forgot."

He mentally slaps himself before continuing to read the writings on the paper.

Happy birthday, honey! I know we promised not to buy each other gifts for one another's birthdays, but I'm breaking the promise just this once. I prepared lots of gifts for you ㅋㅋㅋ But you won't be receiving them from me directly. You have to go to different places to receive your gifts with the help of various clues as you go.

Now, for your first destination, it is a place where you cook food. When you go there, you will see Taeyong hyung.

Good luck! Have fun with your journey! ♡

"It's from Renjun." he mutters and looks up at Johnny. "Do I start now?"

"Yes!"

Donghyuck sighs. "Can I at least eat breakfast first?"

"It's up to you." Johnny laughs. "Now go! Your boyfriend is waiting at your last destination."

He pouts hard before exiting their shared room. When he gets out, he was greeted by the other NCT 127 members in the dining area.

"Happy birthday!" they greet.

"Thanks."

He goes straight to the kitchen where he was met by Taeyong, who was waiting for him by the counter. The leader is smiling happily as he greets the youngest member of NCT 127.

"Happy birthday, Haechan! Guess you already received your first clue, huh?" Donghyuck only nods. "Here's your first gift. Renjun said he baked that at 5 in the morning with the help of Jaemin and then he delivered it to our dorm."

"Baked?" Donghyuck opens the red with white polka dots box and immediately smiles. There are cookies inside with designs of various things Renjun reminds him of, such as the sun, a bear, a sunflower, jack skellington, etc.