Chapter 2: Danchou's Design

"You know you have to pick a place.. otherwise danchou chooses for you" Pakunoda warns.

Nervously pulling at the small dangling thread at the bottom of your shirt, you sigh and start swinging your legs back and forth.

"I know I know.. I just.. don't know where to get it. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared."

Pakunoda rubs your back and smiles "I get it. It's scary, everything is all new to you. But (Y/N), you're part of the troupe now. We take care of each other, and the tattoo is just a small symbol of our devotion."

"To, Chrollo?"

"To, each other."

Letting out an inaudible groan, you tilt your head back and ask "Where is Chrollo, anyways? I thought he was supposed to do my tattoo right now?"

"He's on his way over.. oh, and it's probably best if you call him danchou.., or boss." Pakunoda says jumping down from the wooden table.

I don't want to call him boss. That's weird. 

Following her lead, you push yourself off of the table and land awkwardly on your feet. As you try to regain your balance, Chrollo walks into the room and warmly greets the two of you. His black hair falls gently into his eyes and he smiles. 

He looks... good with his hair down.

"Pakunoda! Angel! How is everything?" He asks, setting down the red tool box he was carrying.

Again with the angel?

"All good, danchou. She's ready when you are" Pakunoda nods over to you and waves.

"(Y/N), if you need me just shout!" 

"Okay!" 

Chrollo points to what looks like an old surgery table and motions for you to sit on it.

"Did you decide on a place yet?" He snaps a latex glove onto his right hand.

"Yeah.. Well.. kind of. I'm stuck between two areas. Do... you want to help me choose?"

"Sure" Chrollo takes a step closer towards you.

"This would be the first place." You gingerly lift the bottom of your shirt and reveal a patch of skin right below your chest. 

Chrollo's breath hitches. 

"I was thinking it might look cool to have the spider underneath my chest... " You let your shirt drop and place your hand on the back of your neck. "The second place would be  here..."

Chrollo discreetly licks his top lip and runs his fingers through his hair. "Either place would be perfect, my angel."

"That doesn't help!" You whine.

He's no help at all!

"Hmm... well...how often do you want to see your tattoo? Or would you prefer to not see it at all?"

"I guess I don't really want to see it that much..." After a long minute of deliberation you sit up straight and smile. "Let's do my neck!"

"Your wish is my command."He winks, snapping on his left glove.

After 45 minutes of hot searing pain, Chrollo rubs the tender area with a soft foam cleanser and grins proudly. "All done! Now let's see what the troupe thinks." 

"Wait, I don't get to see it first? What if you tattooed something ridiculous onto my neck!" Panicking you hop off of the table but Chrollo swiftly grabs hold of you.