it's all my fault

Ouma's POV:

It's been a week since Kaito died, I feel terrible. It feels like it's my fault, Shuichi tells me it isn't but... I just can't believe him.

Kaede has been acting nicer ever since then, she'll even come up to me and offer food. I can't accept it though, I hope Shuichi doesn't find out about it. If he does then he'll be even more worried about me.

School was tiring, I've been in my bed for hours now. If my parents were here they would probably beat my ass.

I tiredly unlock my phone and scroll through Instagram, I find myself opening up Kaito's page. There's pictures of him smiling with kaede and Himiko. That stupid face that would beat me up everyday, that one that no one will ever see again.

And it's because of me...

It was all your fault. You did this. He's dead because of you. Shouldn't you punish yourself? Shouldn't you experience that same pain?

Shouldn't you just slit your throat?

I stumble over to my desk, there lays a box cutter. The blade shining like the glass he threatened to hit me with, like when he would smile with his friends, how he would secretly smile at... Me.

I raise the box cutter too my neck.

Do it. Just like he did.

A take a deep breath, I'm ready.

Just as I'm about to do it, a knock on my window echos through my room.

Fuck, did someone see me?

"WHO'S THERE?" I call out.

No reply.

"I HAVE A WEAPON AND MY PARENTS ARE HOME. I HAVE MY PHONE READY TO CALL THE POLICE."

I hear rustling in my bushes and whoever that was ran away.

"What the fuck..." I whisper to myself.

I need to call Shuichi, I don't feel comfortable staying home alone tonight.

I call Shuichi frantically, I need him right now.

"Hey Ouma-kun! What's up?"

"Um... Shuichi can you stay the night?"

"Oh of course! Why all of a sudden?"

"Someone.. tapped on my window right when I was aboutta- I'll explain it to you later."

"Oh... Alright then. Good thing I was in the area, I'll be right there!"

"Okay I'll see you then..."

We both hang up, I hope he stays safe and gets here soon too.

I pass the time by going on instagram for a few minutes and then all Shuichi knocks on my door.

"That was quick" I say while rushing towards the door.

Something feels... off?

Whatever, it's just my paranoia. I open the door and there he is.

Whew, it was just my paranoia.

"What's wrong Ouma?"

I can't tell him what I was about to do, I need to lie... God I hate lying to him.

"I was just about to call my parents and I guess the person saw me and tapped on my window. I feel like they know what I was gonna do and who I was gonna call."

"Don't worry Ouma-kun, I'll always keep you safe."

He picks me up and carries me too my room and lays me down on the bed. He lays down with me and wraps his arms around me. Finally, I feel safe.

Shuichi's POV:

God damnit, he almost caught me. I mean what was I supposed to do, I can't let him die. I love him to much to let him go I had to stop him somehow.

I know that he's blaming this all on his self. I wish I could tell him but still, I can't lose him. I'll do anything to keep him, anything to make him mine forever.

With that said,

Next target: Kaede Akamatsu