Redemption

Ouma's P.O.V: I'm patiently waiting for shuichi to come to my house, my parents just got done arguing so I'm a bit shaken up. I need him to comfort me again...

I had second thoughts about being his boyfriend and I wanted it to only be a one night thing, but then I realized how much I love him.

His touch, his smile, the way he holds me, everything. Everything about him is perfect. I want- no I need him.

I hear my doorbell ring and I dash towards the door. Finally, shuichi is here.

I open up the door and I see... Kaede...?

"K-kaede! Um... What are you.... H-hey, are you crying?"

"It's Kaito... He's-"

Kaede starts sobbing uncontrollably, I invite her in and sit her down on the couch.

"What happened? Why'd you come to me of all people?"

"...promise you won't tell his grandparents?"

"Of course, what happened?"

"He liked you, a lot. He was afraid of his grandparents finding out he liked another boy, so he tried to repress those feelings. I wanted to come to you because.... Kaito...is.."

Kaede starts crying again.

Kaito....liked me?

...

"Kaito committed suicide after he saw you with shuichi."

My heart dropped. In that moment it felt like the world had shattered. Tears started falling from my face before I could even react... This can't be happening.

"The Himiko and the police are over at his house investigating"

"... Kaede?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you gonna.... Hurt me?"

"Not anymore, I'm done with that. You don't have to worry about that stuff anymore, kay?"

"Thank you... So much"

Me and Kaede give each other a hug and we cry together.

This just can't be happening...

The door is open a small crack, I see a figure standing at the door and before I could let go of Kaede...

"Ouma-kun-!What are you doing...?"

Kaede and I let go of each other and stare at Shuichi, he's giving us a death glare.

"What's she doing here?

"Oh- um we were just.."

"Are you crying...?"

...

"What did you do to MY Ouma-kun?"

Shuichi dives towards Kaede and grabs her by the shirt collar, pinning her on a wall.

"SHUICHI WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!? STOP!"

"LET GO OF ME- YOU BASTARD"

"I'll ask again, what did you do to my Ouma."

He punched Kaede across the face.

"SHUICHI SHE WASNT DOING ANYTHING!! KAITO'S DEAD, SHES OBVIOUSLY SAD DUMBASS!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??!?!"

Shuichi let's go of Kaede and she falls to the ground, unconscious.

Shuichi looks at me with a dead stare and runs into my arms.

"Come her Ouma ku-"

I push him away and give him a look of disgust.

"GET AWAY FROM ME YOU CREEP"

"...Ouma?"

"Get out of my house. Now."

Shuichi has tears in his eyes that I can tell he's trying to hold back.

"But Ouma I just thought she was-"

He catches the look of anger I'm giving him and he shuts himself up.

It's dead silent for a little, I don't know what to do...

Shuichi notices that I now look scared and lifts my face up to kiss me.

"Ouma-kun... Never. Leave. Me."

His look is terrifying, he's angry. I pull away from him and I back away.

"S-stay back..." I'm not very treatening.

"Why are you pulling away from me?! I thought you loved me... Are you just gonna ignore what happened the other night!? IS THAT HOW WORTHLESS I AM TO YOU?!"

He drops to the ground and starts crying uncontrollably. I immediately feel guilty, I run up to him and try to stop him from crying.

"Shuichi! I'm so sorry, I-I didn't mean it! I'm yours, okay? I will NEVER do that again, Ill never leave you! I promise..."

He looks at me with a weak smile and grabs on to me tightly.

"Promise?"

"Mhm... I promise."

Kaede wakes up and starts rubbing her face.

"Mm.. what happened?"

She tries to stand up and she's wobbling and tripping.

"You should leave... Are you okay on your own?"

"Yeah I'm fine, I'll... Seeya around"

I nod and Kaede makes her way towards the door closing it behind her.

Me and Shuichi keep holding on to each other, I can't believe what just happened.

I'm mentally exhausted....