Cheryl takes a deep breath in order to keep her emotions under control, "I know Toni and I love you too", she smiles at her girlfriend.

"Come here babe", Toni says as she holds out her arms to hug her girlfriend tightly, they kiss each other on the lips before breaking apart. "Let's go inside yeah, it's freezing."

-

"Cheryl dear what took you so long?" Clifford says looking over his shoulder.

Cheryl closes the door with her left hand, holding on to Toni's hand with her right. "Dad this is Toni, I've-

Clifford's strict but calm expression suddenly changed as he looked at the two girls holding hands. His face turned a light shade of red as he put his newspaper down on the table. "Cheryl I thought we talked about this."

"We did indeed daddy, that's why I thought it would be nice to invite Toni for dinner, so that you could finally meet her for realzies." Cheryl said appearing to be very confident, however deep down she was feeling miserable and insecure.

"Cheryl you know this is not acceptable, especially not in the Blossom family, my very own bloodline", Clifford scoffed, "It's not natural and-

Before he was able to finish his sentence Penelope cut him off, "Clifford please, that's enough, we have a guest. Plus give our daughter a chance, she isn't perfect, no one is."

"Oh Penelope please, spare me your pity and your desire to restore all justice in this world." Clifford said turning his back on the rest of his family again.

Penelope sighs deeply, "we are not having this conversation right now Clifford, like I already said, we have a guest."

Clifford laughed sarcastically, "Right."

Toni looked at Cheryl who seemed concerned, she rubbed her girlfriend's back trying to calm her down.

"Girls, just come into the kitchen and help me prepare the food will you?" Penelope said, sensing the tension in the air.

Cheryl quickly wiped away a tear that escaped her eye, "Sure", she said looking up at her mom.

-

Penelope called down Jason from his room and Clifford from the living room once dinner was ready to be served.

"You have some flower on your nose babe," Toni giggled. Cheryl felt embarrassed and quickly wiped it away with her sleeve.

Without realisation Cheryl and Toni shared a quick peck before sitting down at the table next to each other.

Penelope stared at the girls for a few seconds, feeling grateful that her daughter had finally found someone she could be happy with. Unfortunately she was pulled out of her thoughts when Clifford came into the kitchen.

"For god's sake", Clifford said shaking his head. "I don't want to see my daughter kiss another girl, let alone in my own house, it's repulsive."

"But Toni is my girlfriend, I love her", Cheryl said in response looking down a bit. Toni held one of Cheryl's shaking hands in her own, trying to comfort her.

"Jeez dad why make such a big deal out of it" Jason said as he walked into the kitchen and sat down next to his father.

Clifford looked infuriated, his fists were clenched and his face turned a darker shade of red by the minute. "Let me be very clear", Clifford said facing Cheryl again. "It's not natural and it's definitely not something to be proud of. If you want to screw your life up like this then that's your problem Cheryl, but know that it's your own fault. Have you ever even thought about having children? How's that supposed to work huh."