02. - ENGINES AND KEYS

“Out of the ashes I riseYou can run but you can't hideBreath on your skin,I've arrived”- Tommee Profitt

Out of the ashes I rise
You can run but you can't hide
Breath on your skin,
I've arrived”
- Tommee Profitt

▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪

Othello straightened his back as he pushed himself up, feeling how stiff his whole body had become. The sound of quiet shuffling behind him made him turn around. A traveler whose name he couldn't remember was fumbling with one of the leather bags, tightening some ropes over it.

"Hey." he croaked out, almost startled by his own unexpected raspy tone. However, the hooded figure didn't even glance at his way. Othello frowned, catching a flash of golden fur hiding behind the line of rees before Ophelia trotted out of the shadows. He smiled, falling on one knee as the lioness pressed her head against his chest, looking for affection.

At least someone is glad that I'm awake he thought to himself as he heard the others stirring from their paralyzation-sleep.

"Holy mother of Aeth, that's trippy." a woman muttered under her breath, making Othello snort as Ophelia rubbed herself against him, making the young man nearly loose his balance at the sheer force of her affection.

"Good morning to you too, that was something wasn't it." the woman in grey looked up at him, shaking her head as if she was trying to get rid of an annoying buzz.

"Yeah, it was. We should probably help everyone up and get going. I'm Maia by the way." Othello helped her stand up before taking a step back to give her some space.

"Yeah, we should. Unlike some people. 'M Othello." he said as he stepped closer to the blond man who was mumbling incoherent words under his breath.

"Don't mind him." Maia said, referring to the tall man near the stone wall as she kept brushing some dirt off Jax' cloak before moving over to dazzled Norwaís, who had both already stumbled up from the dazed state.

"Woah."

"Yeah. We know." Othello answered as he turned his back on them and dragged his feet over to where Villem was. He didn't acknowledge the man standing next to the backpacks and started searching his own instead.

"I'm Ana. That's Kel."

"Maia. You all feeling alright?" the dark-haired female asked before turning her gaze towards the last two. Cosette and Marx. Marx looked a bit woozy as he was being helped up by Cosette.

"Uhm. Hello." Cosette chuckled and stepped away from him, said a simple bonjour and made her way towards the others who were getting ready to leave.

Villem had already moved towards the small pathway that disappeared into the dense forest. A burly, silver wolf was sitting beside him, asking for some attention as he bumped his head against Vill's leg. With a quiet sigh, the tall male slid his fingers into the wolf's fur, feeling his tense muscles relax slightly at the motion.