"It isn't that simple!" she argued, her voice rising. "I'm not ready for such a serious relationship and besides, I don't think I'll be a good wife." I shook my head at her reply and stepped closer to her.

"It doesn't matter if you can't be a good wife or not. I'm not marrying you to take care of me or anything. I want to marry you because I love you and–"

"For God's sake, stop it!"

Her response got me angry as well. "You love me, don't you?" I demanded and at that, she softened. She faced me again, her eyes looking at me gently. "Of course I love you," she cupped my face with her hand. "But I can't do this. It's... It's not possible for me. My parents won't ever agree to this. And I'm still just eighteen and..." she trailed off, not knowing how to support her case.

I scowled. "Noor, my parents aren't going to agree to it either. And now, I even have a wife. I'm willing to fight everyone for you. You just have to say yes." by the end of my sentence, I gave her a gentle look, stroking her arm slowly to convince her. Looking at the expression I had, she sighed.

"I love you too. But really, I can't." I opened my mouth to say something else when she beat me to it. "You know how much I hate this topic. If you want me to leave, then I will." and she started walking towards the door but before she could go further, I quickly grabbed her arm.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." I gave up, unwillingly. "I won't touch the topic again just don't go. Please." at that, she nodded finally and turned towards me again with a satisfied smile forming on her face and I was content with that. Her smile was the daily boost I needed to go about my day and work hard to make my company the best and the more time I spent with her, the more it felt like I wouldn't be able to survive without her.

"Let's go grab something to eat? Your favorite?" I suggested to which Noor perked up. "Yes! Besides, I had to update my Instagram. A fancy coffee shop would definitely do the trick!" the cheerful look on her face gave me some sort of relief which made me completely forget about Maryam.

Noor always knew how to cheer me up.

When we settled down in the coffee shop, the sweet aroma of coffee and sweets filled our noses. It was warm inside and looked exactly like the perfect place to sit down and relax. I wanted to talk to Noor and ask about her day but she was busy being live on Instagram so that went down the drain.

I pulled out my own phone after ordering and just then, I got a call from Rashid. I swiped the answer call icon and brought the phone to my ear. "Yes, Rashid?" my phone call interrupted Noor from her pictures and she looked up at me.

"I wanted to tell you that the admission process has been taken care of. Ma'am–Madam can join school from tomorrow." at the mention of Maryam, I started feeling uneasy again. "Fine, I'm ending the call now." I cut the call and placed the phone back on the table.

"Who was it?" I expected her to ask me that question so I quickly replied, "Rashid." Noor didn't look so convinced by my answer as the expression on her face told me clearly that she was suspecting me. "Why'd you look so annoyed then?" she inquired.

I cleared my throat, not wanting to tell her that I was taking care of Maryam's needs. She would probably get mad at me and tell me to stop acting like her husband. As much as I loved her, I knew that she wasn't the type who would let go of her wish so easily.

"Nothing, just facing a few problems at work. Don't let it bother you." I lied. "Okay, if you say so." I was surprised that she let go of it but I didn't dare say a word to make her get suspicious again.

After spending two hours in the coffee shop, I decided to get back to work because I had a lot to do. The moment I stepped inside my room, Stella handed me a huge list of things that had to be done which included a dozen meetings and paperwork.